Online Baptist

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

I don't really collect much anymore, unless you count all my Bibles and books (my wife says I have way too many). In my youth I used to collect stamps, coins and my favorite, knives. I had several guns but I wasn't really collecting them, it just seemed people kept offering to sell their guns to me and I often bought them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I just started collecting baseball cards again. I don't expect to make money off of it just out of nostalgia. I just bought me the complete near mint set of the Topps 1980 baseball cards. I paid $60.00 less then the going price for the set too. It's amazing what you can find through Ebay and Amazon.

Edited by Wilchbla
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

CowboyPreacher: firearms, lots and lots of firearms.

bibletotingunslinger: i collect AMMO,,, we should get together.....

"I am chief": I have a share of both maybe we should get together and target practice.

Me: Great! Now all you need to do is find a target collector to join the club.

• Members

I used to work with elephants when I traveled in the circus back in the days of my youth. After I left the circus, and for many years, I collected anything elephant. Puppets, hand towels, mugs, magnets, knick-knacks, statues, stuffed, wooden, ceramic, plastic, glass. If it had an elephant on it, i usually bought it or it was given to me.

I put all the collecting behind me many years ago. Now, a friend over 850 miles away has my collection.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ
  • Members

I used to collect "special" coins. I still do... kinda.

Every now and then I'll get a coin that has a special design on it. Sometimes I'll keep it in my "collection."

I started this a  couple of years ago. I think I have one or two coins from the 80's! (which is pretty cool, as I only started collecting prOBably mid-to-late 2000's)

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

I always question the wisdom of those who publicly announce that they have gun collections.

Come and take them!   :makmiday:

I used to covet uhh I mean collect, coins, model cars, model ships, model airplanes, model tanks, US Navy ball caps, Zippo Lighters, real race cars, military gear, die-cast cars, books, radio controlled tanks and lots and lots of debt.

The Lord dealt with me severely and swiftly, forcing me to sell them off to feed my family.  Now my fledgling business allows me to acquire  :makmiday: but only to be used for the glory of God.  My main desire, though I usually falter, is to acquire wisdom and knowledge through His Word.