• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

• Members

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Gismy:

name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

Those verses dont say this is how one is saved or born again and join the family of God.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Good enough although personally I wouldnt promise that ' I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!'.

As that would make your salvation dependant on you rather than the saving GRACE and MERCY of Jesus who saved you by His Sacrifice rather than by your hoped for obediance and hoped for worshiping of Him all the days of your life.

Just pray for Jesus to forgive you, and help you to obey from the heart, and ask HIM for ETERNAL LIFE. Straight forward and simple..and it works because of what Jesus did for us as our Saviour.

I liked when Jesus promised 'I will never leave thee nor forsake thee... thats a truth and an assurabce worth remembering and will always make a way back to HIM because He loves us and will NEVER EVER leave us... if just once in our lives we accepted Him and received HIM into our hearts and souls

IMO

David

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Luke 23:39-42.  "And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.  But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Salvation is so easy.  This man admitted he was guilty of sin and worthy of death;  he admitted that Jesus was Lord;  and asked Jesus to remember him.  This admission was from his heart.  A death bed profession, if you will and I've heard many say they don't consider such. 

This man clearly didn't walk an isle; wasn't baptized; probably never attended a church service;  never went on visitation; never spoke in jiberish; never danced in the isles or jumped pews; no snakes...,     

I think we often read way too much into things that end up causing much frustration.   

• Members
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, HA Melton said:

Luke 23:39-42.  "And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.  But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Salvation is so easy.  This man admitted he was guilty of sin and worthy of death;  he admitted that Jesus was Lord;  and asked Jesus to remember him.  This admission was from his heart.  A death bed profession, if you will and I've heard many say they don't consider such. 

This man clearly didn't walk an isle; wasn't baptized; probably never attended a church service;  never went on visitation; never spoke in jiberish; never danced in the isles or jumped pews; no snakes...,     

I think we often read way too much into things that end up causing much frustration.   

True, but Salvation is not "Easy". Admitting you are guilty of Sin and worthy of death is one of the most difficult things. It's why only one malefactor got saved.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Proponents of Universal Salvation will usually cite Philippians 2:10-11 in order to prove their heretical doctrine that every human being will eventually come to Salvation. This doctrine is straight from the deepest recesses of Hell and of the Abyss.

That if [thou shalt CONFESS with thy mouth the Lord Jesus], and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that [every tongue should CONFESS that Jesus Christ is Lord], to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:10-11)

The word "confess" (ὁμολογέω) is not the same as found in Romans 10:9 as the word used in context, Philippians 2:11 (ἐξομολογέω). They are close in meaning and in form, but the verb here is in the middle voice and has an additional prefix ("ex"). In Isaiah 45:23 (Hebrew Masoretic texts), the verb *swear* "shaba" (שָׁבַע) means "to swear by an oath" -- and it is in the niphal stem (which is almost never found in a religious context of any form of "worship"). The King James version rightly interprets it correctly (e.g.,"every tongue shall *swear* -- i.e., a "confession by an oath"). Although Philippians 2:11 says that "every tongue should confess", it is NOT to understand this as "worship in a religious context", let alone a "confession of faith" which has any salvific significance. EVERYONE will come to the recognition that the veracity of the truth of Scripture, at that point, will be undeniable -- and by then it will be too late.

God Bless!

Edited by (Omega)
Grammar and punctuation

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 9/7/2018 at 10:07 AM, Pastorj said:

True, but Salvation is not "Easy". Admitting you are guilty of Sin and worthy of death is one of the most difficult things. It's why only one malefactor got saved.

I have come to realize the problem with a forum such as this is that no matter what you post..., it's wrong!  Now, understand I'm not a Biblical Scholar, never Pastored a Church, never attended a Bible College but it does seem to me that if an individual is under the Conviction of a Holy God..., the admitting you are guilty comes with no hesitation.  Those who do 'hesitate' aren't under conviction so of course, they aren't going to admit anything.   

• Administrators
2 hours ago, HA Melton said:

I have come to realize the problem with a forum such as this is that no matter what you post..., it's wrong!  Now, understand I'm not a Biblical Scholar, never Pastored a Church, never attended a Bible College but it does seem to me that if an individual is under the Conviction of a Holy God..., the admitting you are guilty comes with no hesitation.  Those who do 'hesitate' aren't under conviction so of course, they aren't going to admit anything.   

I don't know about other forums, but on this one if what you post is wrong, it will be called wrong, and rightly so. Let's see if Scripture agrees with what you posted.

Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 
 52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 
 53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. 
 54 ¶ When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

1. Who is it that these people resisted? I believe that The Holy Ghost could be classified as a "Holy God".

2. Would you contend that they were not under conviction according to Verse 54?

• Members

There have been many times in my life that I was under conviction and simply told God no. Our human nature does not want to submit to God for anything which is why it is difficult for people, even under conviction, to get saved. We are taught today to hold ourselves in high esteem when God tells us to humble ourselves. I have found that the more humble I am, the easier it is to follow God. Unfortunately, I fail often in this area.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Regenerative healing comes from believe and accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior then obey and be baptized.
Yes!! Baptism is nothing more than getting wet for the unbeliever!.

Read in context and understand. Mark 16:16 5And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Who is condemned?? answer= the unbeliever not the un baptized as baptism does not save and the baptized unbeliever is not saved.
Satan's great deception is having unbelievers thinking that they are saved and on their way to heaven just because they were baptized as a baby or later on in life. ====A LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL!!

name of the Lord shall be Saved.............

• Administrators

Gismys, the rules of this board require that Scripture written or quoted be from the KJV. Other versions are not permitted on the message board. Please edit your post using the KJV. If you do not edit it properly I will have to take it down.

• 8 months later...
  • Members
On 9/7/2018 at 9:07 AM, Pastorj said:

That doesn't follow.    (non-sequetor?)   One out of two is FIFTY PERCENT!    That's WONDERFUL ! 

It would be a miracle of miracles if anywhere today in any nation or land or church,  50% got saved .

Also,  Jesus Himself Says "My ....  burden is light"  and the Father delights to reveal salvation to little children as this is His good pleasure so to do.  Of course, for the educated/scholars,  it is not easy - it is hidden,  as written - 

Matthew 11:25-30

King James Version

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

• Members

Acts 16:27-33  v27) And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled. v28) But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here. v29) Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, v30) And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? v31) And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. v32) And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. v33) And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

I believe this is clear enough!

Edited by BrotherTony