• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Heartstrings and Hurricanes

• Members

The center of the eye was projected to make landfall early this morning but as of now it still has not. Now they are saying late this afternoon. Seems it has wobbled around in the gulf overnight. and that gave it time to strengthen. The rain bands are passing over us now and have dropped nearly 2'' so far.. The center of the storm is now projected to make landfall near Destin which is  about 50 miles to the west of us, Thanks for the prayers!  https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2018-05-28-subtropical-tropical-storm-alberto-forecast-gulf-coast-florida?cm_ven=PS_GGL_Alberto_05252018_1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq9zaouuo2wIVhUGGCh1Z9wWQEAAYASAAEgIw7PD_BwE

• Members

The last of the bands left us this morning.  The ground is saturated with water but thankfully we have lots of canals and are close to the ocean so it all has someplace to go.  I'm looking at it right now and you're going to get the eastern wall of the eye soon.  The heaviest portion like you said it way to the west between Crestview and De Funiak Springs.

• Members

Couldn't put out hay for the sheep, so we all just stayed in the house. Part of the time I sat out on the porch swing, watched the trees sway and the rain come down.. The rest of the time I worked on my little AR15 pistol. Installed a new folding stock adapter, removed the A2 flash hider and installed a "Krinkov" style blast forwarder. The new muzzle device should reduce some of its deafening blast. It's the loudest firearm I have ever shot. 2015486929_arpistolfold2.thumb.jpg.7b7d7a4c5ee502844ec8a39389f6224d.jpg

ar pistol fold 1.jpg

• Members

Glad it has passed and the Lord kept everyone safe.  When those ARs go off near me, it physically hurts my ears, even while wearing my David Clark Mickey Mouse ears.  The boom from the .54 rifle is easier to bear than the little 5.56 @ 3000+ fps!

• Members

Yes, we're thankful the storm passed over us with no damage.

The little "pistol" is incredibly loud because of the short barrel. To make matters worse, the upper came assembled with an "A2" flash hider which directs even more of the concussion to the sides. My "M4" type AR has the same muzzle device but, since the barrel is over twice as long, it's much more bearable. You can buy a suppressor, or build one yourself that works amazingly well, but even with a DIY one, you have to register and pay $200 to the Feds for permission to have it.