• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

This is why I am here, why are you?

Message added by Jim_Alaska

This is getting out of hand. I am locking it until BroMatt and/or the mods consider what to do about it and this member.

• Members

Why I am here
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events and found them wanting. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

Do you agree that this act could bring about peace in the middle east?

Edited by tooldtocare

• Members

No, I believe that the so-called "Palestinians" aren't truly a people.

No, I believe God's word; in that, it doesn't matter what modern-day Israel does to attempt to obtain peace, nor does it matter what outside influences may pressure Israel to obtain peace...they will have a false sense of peace during the rule of the Antichrist; however...true peace won't happen until the Lord returns. The hatred of Israel runs deep, and nothing that Israel does will turn it.

No, I believe that just as Israel disobeyed God, Christians do the same today. Do you follow all of the directives given to us in the new testament? 

I humbly showed you an error of your's in another thread, yet you just repeated yourself. That tells me that I can't really trust any of your teaching. I will readily admit when I'm wrong if shown to be wrong. Will you?

• Members
1 hour ago, No Nicolaitans said:

No, I believe that the so-called "Palestinians" aren't truly a people.

So said the spider to the fly

1 hour ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I humbly showed you an error of your's in another thread, yet you just repeated yourself. That tells me that I can't really trust any of your teaching. I will readily admit when I'm wrong if shown to be wrong. Will you?

Yes, now please show me this error--

Edited by tooldtocare

• Members
1 hour ago, tooldtocare said:

Why I am here
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events and found them wanting. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

Do you agree that this act could bring about peace in the middle east?

That;s good, here are some Old testament verses since you are so attached to them......

Genesis 13: 12Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan,.............................14And the LORD said unto Abram,............... Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

I can give you a whole bunch more verses like that, friend. God gave the "land of Canaan" to the Jews FOR EVER and the land He gave them stretched even LARGER than they have now. The modern day Jews have offered the "palestinians" (Arabs) land for their own state numerous times and they have REFUSED . The reason the Jews have "the West Bank" now is because the Arabs ATTACKED them and LOST it. Every single time the Arabs attack they LOSE? Why? Because God Almighty is in control.Furthermore, the Jews ALLOW "palestinians" to live in ISrael right now!! And you can live there if you behave yourself and don't bomb them, strap on suicide vests and throw ROCKS at them.

• Members
13 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

I can give you a whole bunch more verses like that, friend. God gave the "land of Canaan" to the Jews FOR EVER and the land He gave them stretched even LARGER than they have now.

If God gave them Canaan then they (Israelite's) abandoned it afterwards----

(Gen 42:6 KJVAnd Joseph was the governor over the land, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land:

(Gen 42:25 KJV)  Then Joseph commanded to fill their sacks with corn, and to restore every man's money into his sack, and to give them provision for the way:

(Gen 45:20 KJVAlso regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours.

(Gen 45:21 KJV)  And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.

(Gen 47:1 KJVThen Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:3 KJV)  And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

(Gen 47:4 KJV)  They said moreover unto Pharaoh, For to sojourn in the land are we come; for thy servants have no pasture for their flocks; for the famine is sore in the land of Canaan: now therefore, we pray thee, let thy servants dwell in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:5 KJV)  And Pharaoh spake unto Joseph, saying, Thy father [ISRAEL] and thy brethren are come unto thee:

(Gen 47:6 KJVThe land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell; in the land of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any men of activity among them, then make them rulers over my cattle.

(Gen 47:11 KJV)  And Joseph placed his father [ISRAEL] and his brethren, and gave them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land, in the land of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded.

The truth will set you free

Edited by tooldtocare

• Members

History shows that every time the Israelites make concession for peace, the "Palestinians" attack them.

Your assumption HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN WRONG, on many occasions over the last...... 50 odd years.

The "Palestinians" have stated categorically over the yesrs thst they will only be happy when Israel no longer exists.

But at least we now know for certain where you are coming from.

I encourage you to research the matter thoroughly and not be duped by certain of the biased worldly media, and I know for certain that you change your tune.

Israel are not the bad guys in this - not by a long shot.

• Members
21 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

I can give you a whole bunch more verses like that, friend. God gave the "land of Canaan" to the Jews FOR EVER and the land He gave them stretched even LARGER than they have now.

In truth, you bury your great leaders where their graves will not be disturbed. It is not the land claimed by Israel today-----

Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,

Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried."  "I will do as you say," he said. ;

Genesis 50:14 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.

Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,

Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried."  "I will do as you say," he said. ;

Genesis 49:31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah.

Genesis 50:10  And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation:

Genesis 50:14 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.

Genesis 50:14 After burying his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, together with his brothers and all the others who had gone with him to bury his father.

You bury your great leaders in your own homeland

Which Is Not the land falsely called “Israel” today

7 minutes ago, DaveW said:

The "Palestinians" have stated categorically over the yesrs thst they will only be happy when Israel no longer exists.

The Palestinians have not stated this but God sure has--------

25And you, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

26Thus says the Lord GOD; Remove the turban, and take off the crown: this shall not remain the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.

27I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he comes whose right it is; and I will give it to him.

31And I will pour out my indignation upon you, I will blow against you in the fire of my wrath, and deliver you into the hand of brutal men, skilful to destroy.

32You shall be for fuel to the fire; your blood shall be in the midst of the land; you shall be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

And so it will be done

• Members
26 minutes ago, tooldtocare said:

So said the spider to the fly

Yes, now please show me this error--

LOL! Spider to the fly...that's pretty good. However, to answer your second objection...

Here's a link to my first attempt to humbly show you that your post was wrong in its assumption...

https://onlinebaptist.com/forums/topic/27177-oil-all-gone-in-30-years-what-next/?do=findComment&comment=439481

Here is the link to where you basically dismissed my humble correction and repeated your biased assumption...

https://onlinebaptist.com/forums/topic/27177-oil-all-gone-in-30-years-what-next/?do=findComment&comment=439496

Here is the link to where I went more in-depth to show you the error of your ways...

https://onlinebaptist.com/forums/topic/27177-oil-all-gone-in-30-years-what-next/?do=findComment&comment=439527

I hope that will suffice. Thank you for your consideration.

• Members
14 minutes ago, DaveW said:

History shows that every time the Israelites make concession for peace, the "Palestinians" attack them.

I am not again going to go back down that road even if it means your salvation. Yes the attacks are furious, up-heaving and never ending

download.jpg.601eb40a2dc937e3ccd5ae70e0179d16.jpg

Just after this photo was taken the tank crew jumped out of the tank and ran away. Later they told their commander that the onslaught came from all sides so they had no choice but to fleeeee

• Members
2 minutes ago, tooldtocare said:

I am not again going to go back down that road even if it means your salvation. Yes the attacks are furious, up-heaving and never ending

download.jpg.601eb40a2dc937e3ccd5ae70e0179d16.jpg

Just after this photo was taken the tank crew jumped out of the tank and ran away. Later they told their commander that the onslaught came from all sides so they had no choice but to fleeeee

...and why should we take your word for what you proclaim? When I click on the picture, all I see is a teeny tiny picture with only your narrative to describe it.

Man please...

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, tooldtocare said:

The Palestinians have not stated this but God sure has--------

25And you, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

26Thus says the Lord GOD; Remove the turban, and take off the crown: this shall not remain the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.

27I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he comes whose right it is; and I will give it to him.

31And I will pour out my indignation upon you, I will blow against you in the fire of my wrath, and deliver you into the hand of brutal men, skilful to destroy.

32You shall be for fuel to the fire; your blood shall be in the midst of the land; you shall be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

And so it will be done

tooldtocare, The verses you quoted above are not from the KJV. This message boards owner has set out certain rules for members to follow, one of them is  this: "Feel free to quote the Bible, if you do we ask that you use the KJV. This is done to avoid confusion.
The Administrators and Moderators of this site believe that the KJV is Gods preserved Word for the English speaking people, and we ask that you respect that and use the KJV when quoting scripture."

Please confine your bible quotations the the KJV.

• Members
44 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

Yes, and after that, they went back, drove the Canaanites out, and lived there again. It was STILL theirs. What part of FOR EVER don't you understand?

This part--------------- You don't have to "murder" to get a gift from God

Ten Commandments 

1.     Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

2.     Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

3.     Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

4.     Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

5.     Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

6.     Thou shalt not kill.

7.     Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8.     Thou shalt not steal.

9.     Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

10.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Edited by tooldtocare

• Members
1 hour ago, tooldtocare said:

If God gave them Canaan then they (Israelite's) abandoned it afterwards----

Genesis 15:13   And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;
Genesis 15:14   And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
Genesis 15:15   And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.
Genesis 15:16   But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

You're in error toold.

• Administrators

Ge 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 
 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. 
 16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. 
 17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. 

God has made Israel a promise in Abraham. Are you bold enough to assert that God would go back on His promise? Do you really think that the verses you quoted can negate the promise of God? God's words as a promise to Abraham, that the land would be theirs forever stand as Inspired Scripture, your's are your own opinion and in gross error. Your remarks remind me of Job when he realized his error.

Job 42:3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

Nu 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?