Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

2bLikeJesus

Huntsville, AL

I will be visiting my new brides family for the first time in Huntsville, AL.  Anyone know of a good church in the area I can attend for the 10 days I will be there?  Unfortunately, they do not go to any church.

Dr. Mike Allison, Pastor

Madison Baptist Church

840 Balch Road

Madison, AL

Madison Alabama is a suburb of Huntsville, Alabama.

We love Madison Baptist Church and pastor Allison is a man of God. Back in the mid '80's we were members at Madison while I worked at Marshall Space Fight Center (U. S.Army Redstone Arsenal).

As a side note. Make plans to visit the Marshall Space Flight Museum. Website: https://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/about/visitor.html

I agree, visit Madison Baptist Church. As far as I know it is still a solid church. I have lost contact over the years, but Pastor Allison preached my graduation at Bible College.

I just noticed your location as Taiwan, Alan!  We have two of our own in Taiwan right this minute for the next 4 weeks on a missions planning trip.  Neal and Kelsie Cullers.  Neal was born and raised in Taiwan as a missionary son and lived there till he went to West Coast Baptist College to get his degree.  Needless to say, Neal speaks Mandarin as well as any local, and I am still shocked that he speaks English without any accent.  Kelsie is my pastor Clint Caviness daughter who also went to West Coast Baptist College where she met Neal.  Please pray for them.  They are going into the mountains to the tribal peoples up there that do not get reached.  Kelsie of course does not know Mandarin except what she has picked up from Neal over the last 2 years.  From what I understand it will take MANY more years of subversive language training to be fluent in it.  She kinda sticks out in Taiwan as well as a tall 6 ft woman with very long blonde hair. 

2 hours ago, 2bLikeJesus said:

I just noticed your location as Taiwan, Alan!  We have two of our own in Taiwan right this minute for the next 4 weeks on a missions planning trip.  Neal and Kelsie Cullers.  Neal was born and raised in Taiwan as a missionary son and lived there till he went to West Coast Baptist College to get his degree.  Needless to say, Neal speaks Mandarin as well as any local, and I am still shocked that he speaks English without any accent.  Kelsie is my pastor Clint Caviness daughter who also went to West Coast Baptist College where she met Neal.  Please pray for them.  They are going into the mountains to the tribal peoples up there that do not get reached.  Kelsie of course does not know Mandarin except what she has picked up from Neal over the last 2 years.  From what I understand it will take MANY more years of subversive language training to be fluent in it.  She kinda sticks out in Taiwan as well as a tall 6 ft woman with very long blonde hair. 

Wow!

I know that Victory Baptist Church, Roseburg, OR is Neal's home church, but, I did not know that was where you attend. Must be a great church! I have never met Pastor Clint Caviness, nor his daughter, but I am sure that they are fine folks.

We have known, and loved, the Keith Culler Family on Taiwan since we arrived in 1989. We consider the Cullers personal friends of ours.

Well then you will want to find Neal and Kelsie before June is done!  

Also out of our church is:

Caleb and Kelsie Caviness to Republic of Congo.

Joe and Katie McKelroy to Nepal.

Robert Woodard and soon to be Mrs. Ariana Woodard to Guyana.

Edited by 2bLikeJesus

Redemption Baptist Church

2300 Gordon Terry Pkwy

Decatur, AL

Pastor: Michael Price

(my sending church)

(the church is in a week long meeting right now 29 May - 1 Jun, my wife and I are leaving on Sat to continue deputation -- next stop is Rossville, GA)

After Huntsville, we will go to Georgia for a couple of days, then South Carolina, then head up the Eastern seaboard to New Jersey, Washington DC, New York, and surrounding area, then head back west along I-90 to  Coeur d' Alene, ID and Spokane where my family is.  HUGE road trip that we have set aside 6 weeks to complete.

On 6/1/2018 at 1:54 PM, swathdiver said:

Going to Florida OFP?

Making contacts now in Central FL for meetings in Jan and Feb 2019, how about sending me a PM with church name and city (unless you don't mind it being in a post instead). Thanks

I've heard there is good preachin' at Starlight Baptist Church in Winter Springs and they run a continuous ad in the Sword of the Lord Newspaper.  In Haines City there is Landmark Baptist Church, the church has large ministries for missions, radio and all levels of education.  There are others in Auburndale and on through to the Space Coast.  One in Jax and one in Titusville have gone worldly, so sad.  The old pastors were good men of faith and ran sound churches for the Lord.  How far down the coast are you headed?

I failed to mention where we ultimately went.  We visited Madison Baptist Church and enjoyed it immensely!  We felt right at home in what for us is a HUGE church.  In fact we sent and then they picked up as missionaries, Neal and Kelsie Cullers to Taiwan.  The Cullers are now at 108% of targeted deputation goal and should be leaving for the field in March 2019!  

Wonderful news! Madison Baptist Church is a huge church to us also. It is also a friendly church with a pastor that loves the Lord, loves souls, and loves people. The folks at Madison also love the Lord and one another.

P.S.

Madison Baptist Church is a missionary loving church. Glad to hear that the church took on Neal & Kelsie as missionaries. Last week my wife and I was able to visit Keith and Janette Cullers in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.  They are looking forward in having Neil & Kelsie return back to Taiwan as missionaries.

Edited by Alan
grammer & name change