• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:Friday Church News Notes

• Members
MATT MAHER WORSHIPS CHRIST IN THE MASS WAFER (Friday Church News Notes, May 25, 2018, www.wayoflife.org, fbns@wayoflife.org, 866-295-4143) - Matt Maher, one of the most influential contemporary worship musicians, says in an interview that he worships Christ in the consecrated wafer of the Catholic mass. He says, “I lead a college Bible study. It’s a Catholic Church, which kind of surprises a lot of people. The joy that I really feel, as part of my ministry, is that I’ve been kind of going out more and traveling and working... Read More

View the full article

• Administrators

So much for the spiritual perception of this influential contemporary worship musician. These kinds of Pseudo Christians will be foremost in the movement to unite all denominations. This type of thing needs to be refuted at every turn of its ugly serpent head.

• Members

Our church is the only one in our town that is not in churches together.

The Catholic Church is a member,.  The other churches are gradually adopting Catholic teachings.  The Anglicans have mass and confessions and both Baptists churches have lent classes.  The Baptist church in the next town, when we visited it  a few years ago, had a pastor who said that communion was the earliest tradition in the church. While I was wondering what he meant by "tradition" I missed what he said next, but my wife whispered to me "He believes in transubstantiation." I replied "He can't do."

On the way out, my wife said the the pastor, "I didn't know you Baptists believed in transubstantiation."  He replied.  "You live and learn."

Rome doesn't need the inquisition now. the churches are becoming Catholic without realising it.

There is one lady who comes to our weekly seniors lunch.  We call it the Bethany Lunch. I once invited her to come to a special service, but she said  "I can;t come to you as you are not in Churches together."  That doesn't stop her coming to the lunch where they get a short gospel message.

Edited by Invicta