• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:Quack Diets - pt 1

• Members
The following is excerpted from The Bible and Diet , available as a free eBook from www.wayoflife.org. Also available in print.
Introduction:
In The Bible and Diet we deal with the following marks of a quack diet:
A quack diet promises near perfect health and longevity.
A quack diet makes high-sounding claims.
A quack diet is promoted by bogus claims.
A quack diet claims to be based on the Bible.
A quack diet mixes truth with error.
Promoters of quack diets tend to exaggerate their health.
A quack diet is tied to a money-making scheme.
A quack diet is...
Read More

View the full article

• 3 years later...
  • Members

ooops.  Serious mistake found.

at this link: https://www.wayoflife.org/free_ebooks/downloads/Bible_Diet_and_Alternative_Health_Care.pdf

Oh no.  Worse than I thought. 

Going to have to put this finding to rest for a while.  (don't know how long).

Unless someone else also finds it,  and chooses to reveal it.  I'm not up to the debate at this time, here.

• Members
37 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

The only way to drop in weight is to eat less calories than your body  burns. 

That's only ONE way. There are others. Increasing your metabolism is one. You truly need to be more careful about what you post as truth...you seem to be less reliable than my dietician!

52 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

That's only ONE way. There are others. Increasing your metabolism is one. You truly need to be more careful about what you post as truth...you seem to be less reliable than my dietician!

It comes down to the same thing, burn more than you take in. Eat slowly. Stop when 75 percent full. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Bouncing Bill said:

It comes down to the same thing, burn more than you take in. Eat slowly. Stop when 75 percent full. 

Not really...metabolism can burn far more than your intake daily, though reducing intake can help. It's not the main ingredient in any diet, unless of course you're a hack for the FDA.

2 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Not really...metabolism can burn far more than your intake daily, though reducing intake can help. It's not the main ingredient in any diet, unless of course you're a hack for the FDA.

It still comes down to burning more calories than you take in. Even if your metabolism is high and you take in more calories than it burns, you will gain weight. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Bouncing Bill said:

It still comes down to burning more calories than you take in. Even if your metabolism is high and you take in more calories than it burns, you will gain weight. 

Again...not necessarily. 

5 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Again...not necessarily. 

Why not? If  your metabolism will let you eat 20,000 calories a day and not gain weight, but you eat 25,000 you will gain weight. You would have to eat fewer than 20,000 calories to drop your weight. I know, I know, no one's metabolism is that high. 

By the way, how do you propose to increase your metabolism?

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Members
37 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Why not? If  your metabolism will let you eat 20,000 calories a day and not gain weight, but you eat 25,000 you will gain weight. You would have to eat fewer than 20,000 calories to drop your weight. I know, I know, no one's metabolism is that high. 

By the way, how do you propose to increase your metabolism?

You are posting hypotheticals....I don't waste my time with hypotheticals. People can raise their metabolism through intake of water, exercise, certain vitamins and certain types of food....Gee...for someone who seems to know it all, you don't seem to know too much! ? This thread is supposed to be about "Way of Life Quack Diets."  You've seemed to once again get us way off track 

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members

12 Reasons Why Counting Calories Is Lame! | Healthyash

https://healthyash.com/2020/12/08/counting-calories/

12 Reasons Why Counting Calories Is Lame! 1. Calories has almost nothing to do with health. Calories are a scientific measurement of heat-energy which has been loosely applied to food.

image.gif

3 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

You are posting hypotheticals....I don't waste my time with hypotheticals. People can raise their metabolism through intake of water, exercise, certain vitamins and certain types of food....Gee...for someone who seems to know it all, you don't seem to know too much! ? This thread is supposed to be about "Way of Life Quack Diets."  You've seemed to once again get us way off track 

There is nothing hypothetical about eating more calories than you metabolism can burn up. Ignore diets. Practice good nutrition in moderation, eating less calories than you burn up. Drink water and not sodas. 

• Members
9 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

There is nothing hypothetical about eating more calories than you metabolism can burn up. Ignore diets. Practice good nutrition in moderation, eating less calories than you burn up. Drink water and not sodas. 

metabolism isn't regulated by how much you eat...it's regulated by WHAT you eat! You seem to be swallowing a LOT of the government Kool-Aid!