• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Re-introducing myself

• Members

Hello everyone.  I feel the need to re-introduce myself since I have not been around for the last 2 years. 

As you might imagine, a lot has changed but the biggest change would be I got married to an unbelievable woman!  I was celibate for 19 years out of personal conviction because of a divorce, but with the death of my previous spouse I was released from my bonds.  I met Miss. Laurel Carpenter who is a widow of Pastor Alan Carpenter.  See had been a widow for 3 years.  We were wed on June 24, 2016 so we are approaching our 2nd anniversary.  I still live in Roseburg, OR and attend the same church I have been attending for 16 years now.  I have 5 children (2 with the Lord) and now 6 grandchildren!  Laurel has 2 children (both adopted) and 5 grandchildren.  Laurel has been a Christian School Teacher/Administrator for 36 years now.  BA in Christian Education from Bob Jones University and then a Masters in Education for Southern Alabama University.

I went to Bible college at Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College (now Heartland Baptist Bible College in Oklahoma City, OK) but only for 2 years from 1980 - 1982.  My salvation testimony should still be on this site someplace unless you have deleted posts that are several years old.  I am staunchly KJV bible only and live a life of biblical separation from the world in all areas of my life, to include dress, music, speech and abstaining from even the appearance of evil.

I am glad to still see familiar names here!

2bLikeJesus

In His will.  By His power.  For His glory. 

• Members

Glad to have you back. I am looking forward to both your fellowship and comments on the various subjects.

The Lord has blessed our family with three of our children graduating from Heartland Baptist Bible College. And, I have some fine fellowship with a host of pastors that have enjoy the fellowship of Heartland.

May the Lord bless you and the Mrs. Happy 2nd. Wedding Anniversary!

• Administrators

Hey, @2bLikeJesus ! Welcome back! I'm still sad you weren't able to make it to visit our church on your honeymoon. So that means you all will have to come visit us some time ?...since you've been off enjoying married life, a lot has happened with Randy and me.  Here's the link to a thread that explains a bit.

Sure hope to see your postings on here on a more regular basis now that you're back.

• Members

Heya - good have you back.

I remember a bit of discussion about your situation and thinking how much I respected your conviction on the matter.  It was a conviction that you had and it would seem that the Lord has blessed you for it.

Congrats on almost two years.