• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Cameron Giovanelli Resigns From Golden State Baptist College

• Administrators

• Members

"There were no allegations of wrongdoing of any nature that involved the ministries of North Valley Baptist Church or Golden State Baptist College."

Maybe not, and maybe he's not guilty, but what about the practice of putting men up on a pedestal and neglecting to, or being afraid to, hold them accountable?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, heartstrings said:

"There were no allegations of wrongdoing of any nature that involved the ministries of North Valley Baptist Church or Golden State Baptist College."

Maybe not, and maybe he's not guilty, but what about the practice of putting men up on a pedestal and neglecting to, or being afraid to, hold them accountable?

Good point Heartstrings. This is one of the main strong points of any local IFB church ministries; accountability! If accountability is relaxed or non-existent, havoc follows.

• Administrators

I have gotten to know Cameron Giovanellit the last couple of years, and It saddens me to hear this. If found to be true, I hope the proper action is taken. Pray for the young lady(s) as they seem to be the forgotten ones in stories like this.

I have no sympathy for adults who take advantage of young boys and girls. As a pastor, I understand the importance of our church keeping their eyes on Jesus and not on me or any other preacher.

I normally do not like starting topics like this because they sicken me, but I'm not going to sit back and act like its not going on.

BTW: @HappyChristian You remember Denny Patterson? He was in college the same year that my wife and I were.

• Administrators

It took a lot of courage and conviction for Bro. Stacey to go public with this information. Now it remains to be seen what will come of this sad situation.

As Independent Baptists this situation needs to be dealt with in a responsible Scriptural manner. The institutions involved need to step up to the plate and do the right thing. This is especially needful in light of their standing among Independent Baptists as leaders among IFB churches and members nationwide.

My heart and prayers go out to Bro. Stacey for taking the stand that he took and reinforcing the integrity of Biblical precepts. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, BroMatt said:

BTW: @HappyChristian You remember Denny Patterson? He was in college the same year that my wife and I were.

Yes, I do. He and Randy did a lot of visiting together. He preached at FH one time not too long before we moved here. 

• Administrators

Have talked to my hubs about this. Such a sin-sickness going around. I know it's because people are not giving themselves to Christ wholly. But, ick. Just ick. How can someone justify abusing these people who trust them. I just can't wrap my head around it. No wonder Jesus asked if He would find faith on the earth when He returns.

• Administrators

Pastor Shiflett took the video down. Here is what he tweeted.