• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I'm Saved!

• Administrators

That meant that it is added and saved to your profile.

I think this is something that BroMatt added in the latest software update.

Some might find the third question redundant since and if, they have already stated they are IFB. But all in all I think it is a good thing since everyone knows what persuasion someone is.

• Administrators

I hope I don't confuse the issue BroMatt, but I have seen instances where people do not even know what IFB is. And then I get to thinking that anyone could just say they are IFB, but not really be.

I guess for me as an admin. I kinda like the option of having them ask for admittance and then we as admins get to question them a bit about if they really are IFB. Does that make sense r just muddy the issue? Perhaps you had something else entirely in mind that I had not thought of.

• Members

I was just having fun with the "saved" button but was not making fun at anyone. I knew what it meant. But yes, as always, I am an independent fundamental baptist who, at the present time, am a member of a Southern Baptist church.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I hope I don't confuse the issue BroMatt, but I have seen instances where people do not even know what IFB is. And then I get to thinking that anyone could just say they are IFB, but not really be.

I guess for me as an admin. I kinda like the option of having them ask for admittance and then we as admins get to question them a bit about if they really are IFB. Does that make sense r just muddy the issue? Perhaps you had something else entirely in mind that I had not thought of.

Point taken. I reconsidered and removed the IFB selection and left the denomination field. Thanks for your input.

• Administrators

Bro. John, I agree that Baptist is not a denomination, at least I and many others don't consider it a denomination. But for me, non-denominational is way too far in the wrong  direction.

I do fully and heartily agree with and identify with your last sentence.   :23_30_118:

• Members

I thought that the inclusion of the field"Denomination," along with, "IFB," was a good idea.

I understand that some folks would say IFB when they were really not; but, the same thing can be said for Baptist.

So, I would like to have the field, "IFB," re-included as before along with the field of, "Baptist."

To me "IFB" means a whole lot more than, "Baptist."