• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chicken Aristocrat!

• Members

So, I went to this family owned Italian restaurant with my husband, not long ago and had the best Italian dish I’ve ever had!! It was called Chicken Aristocrat. I had never heard of it before, it was a thin chicken breast, topped with a thin and lightly breaded slice of eggplant, and a slice of mozzarella, on top. It was served on top of spaghetti and the sauce was soo yummy. It was a pink sauce, I got to ask the waitress what was in it and she was nice enough to tell me! It was made with cream, parmesan, and a bit of marinara. I could tell there was basil in it, too. It kinda reminded me of creamy tomato basil soup! (Not surprisingly.) lol! 

I’m going to try to make it this weekend! I’m on a low carb diet, so I’m changing a couple of things! I’m using chicken thighs instead of breast, because we prefer dark meat and it was cheaper! I’m going to butterfly cut it and probably pound it pretty flat. I got eggplant and am going to make an almond meal breading (you mix almond flour and water and bake it, to make “bread crumbs “)  and then I’m going to bake the eggplant with the faux bread crumbs. Lol! 

Next, I’m making the sauce with heavy cream, parmesan, dried basil, and a touch of marinara sauce that has oregano, garlic, and basil in it (it’s Red Gold brand). 

I use a kind of spaghetti that is supposed to be low-glycemic, so it’s good for low carb diets. The brand is, Dream Fields. I know they had some kind of law suit against them, because it wasn’t as low-glycemic as they claimed, apparently, but I personally don’t notice having issues with it! Not sure if they sell it in stores anymore, may have to find it online when I need to stock up again!  

Just thought I’d share the recipe! I’m not going to really measure anything, so that’s why I didn’t list amounts. There’s a lot of breaded eggplant recipes online and the sauce is simple, just need to add stuff to your preferences! Will get back and let you all know how it turns out!! :6_smile: 

Update: Was very good! Breaded the eggplant in almond flour and finely crushed pork rinds. Turned out better than I thought it would :)

Edited by Roselove

• 10 months later...
  • Members

I often buy thigh fillets but they are more expensive but when you take the bones, skin and fat off the natural ones, I don't suppose the is much difference. 

I like doing chicken, breasts or thighs in a leek sauce.