• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Let's Get Past The Four Spiritual Laws

• Members

So do you NOT check to see if a teacher is qualified to teach you?

Do you just accept absolutely anyone to teach you without question?

C'mon.... not difficult questions to answer?

• Members
4 hours ago, DaveW said:

So do you NOT check to see if a teacher is qualified to teach you?

Do you just accept absolutely anyone to teach you without question?

Patience me boy; patience. If this thread survives; it will eventually get to information in the New Testament's epistles related to Christ's believing followers hooking up with Spirit-enabled teachers.

BTW: If you prefer teachers with seminary degrees, and/or recommendations, and/or accolades, and/or books published, and/or many years and hours of preaching, lecturing, and Sunday school experience: I can tell you right now that your search criteria is faulty; but we'll get to that all in good time.

/

Edited by Zuno_Yazh

• Members

I don't care about seminary degrees, but I do care about truth and trustworthy teachers.

Why should we trust your teaching?

You refuse to answer questions.

You refuse give basic information about yourself.

We don't know anything if real substance about you, apart from tge dact tgat you don't believe the Bible means what it says - at least in regard to Genesis.

Patience?

"Hey dude, why do you have that drill stuck in the bottom of our boat"

"Oh don't worry about that. I am a good guy. Trust me and all will be revealed soon".......

"Why am I swimming now??????"

"And where is that bloke with the drill?"

Edited by DaveW

• Members

See...this is why a new member shouldn't throw accusations or assume that a long-standing member has preferences. Those of us who know DaveW...and I hate to use this word...laugh...at what was suggested about him.

You really should get to know us first...and let us get to know you. You came to us...we didn't come to you.

• Members
9 hours ago, Zuno_Yazh said:

Sir, as a 51 year old man, I offer my respect to you as my elder and an hoary head. Will you please answer the following sir...

1. What church are you currently a member of? 

2. Will you please link that church's website and/or Doctrinal Statement (aka...What We Believe)?

3. If your church has no website, can you supply us with your church's Doctrinal Statement? 

4. If you aren't currently attending a church, will you please provide us with your personal Doctrinal Statement? 

• Members

-

Rom 12:1 . . Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Sacrifices are basically things dedicated to God; i.e. set aside for God's purposes and/or utilized in such a way as to make God feel special instead of disgusted and/or disappointed.

Rom 12:2 . . Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Personal Bible reading is a good place to begin; however, the will of God isn't meant to be self-taught; it's meant to be instructed by teachers empowered by God for that purpose.

1Cor 12:29 . . Are all teachers?

No, not all are teachers; which of course precludes self-teaching. Only some are teachers and the rest of Christ's believing followers are supposed to be students, i.e. disciples.

Eph 4:11-13 . . And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith

Sermons and Sunday school classes are Christianity's traditional sources of teaching. But there's radio programs too, e.g. Thru The Bible with Dr. J.Vernon McGee. These days with radio, television, and the internet; Spirit-inspired teaching is wide-spread and readily available.

In centuries gone past, it was necessary to go where the teachers were in order to hear them speak. Nowadays, they can come to speak where you are by means of electricity and electronic gadgets.

/

Edited by Zuno_Yazh

• Members

Give us some reason to trust what you are teaching?

Answer some of our questions. 

We know that some of your teaching is false, for you redefined Bible words in  order to teach what the Bible doesn't about creation.

Tell us why we should trust you....

Who are you that we should trust you?

What groups do you align with that we should trust you?

Edited by DaveW
Phone spelling

• Members
14 minutes ago, Zuno_Yazh said:

-

Rom 12:1 . . Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Sacrifices are basically things dedicated to God; i.e. set aside for God's purposes and/or utilized in such a way as to make God feel special instead of disgusted and/or disappointed.

Rom 12:2 . . Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Personal Bible reading is a good place to begin; however, the will of God isn't meant to be self-taught; it's meant to be instructed by teachers empowered by God for that purpose.

1Cor 12:29 . . Are all teachers?

No, not all are teachers; which of course precludes self-teaching. Only some are teachers and the rest of Christ's believing followers are supposed to be students, i.e. disciples.

Eph 4:11-13 . . And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith

Sermons and Sunday school classes are Christianity's traditional sources of teaching. But there's radio programs too, e.g. Thru The Bible with Dr. J.Vernon McGee. These days with radio, television, and the internet; Spirit-inspired teaching is wide-spread and readily available.

In centuries gone past, it was necessary to go where the teachers were in order to hear them speak. Nowadays, they come to speak where you are by means of the various applications of electricity.

/

You advise that people search out "electronic" forms of teaching, but give no word of warning about testing those teachers?

Do you not think it is important to be discerning about who teaches you?

The Bible suggest otherwise:

1 John 4

1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

People, test those teachers out there. Yes, there are many sources of spiritual teaching, but not all of them are good, and God's Word actually heavily encourages people to get their teaching both from personal study AND also from a good, Bible preaching local church.

Edited by DaveW
Phone spelling

• Members

By the way, I am going to PEPPER you presumptuous teaching threads with warning that you are untrustworthy until you prove otherwise. 

People need to know that your "teaching" needs to be tested against the Bible - and that your teaching has been proven false by just that sort of testing.

• Moderators
On 4/10/2018 at 9:35 PM, Zuno_Yazh said:

Point being: when certain personality types have been on an internet forum for a while they tend to become not only territorial, but also somewhat bigoted and intolerant.

Senior forum members also tend to be quarrelsome and bossy; somehow assuming that their lengthy tenure grants them a license to police a forum, dictate its use; and manage it like a fraternity.

Back in the heyday of CB radio, we used to call those kinds of breakers channel bosses; which was a polite way of calling somebody a nuisance. (There was a cuss word modifying "nuisance" but seeing as how forum etiquette requires keeping a civil tongue in one's head, I can't repeat it.)

I urge you to stop making a nuisance of yourself DaveW. Have some consideration for the thoughts and feelings of others. As CBers used to say back in the day: Let the channel roll.

If senior forum members are being bossy (and they aren't, in this thread), the moderators will take care of them. It is certainly not up to junior forum members to presume to call them out.

Zuno_Yazh, you are new to this forum, and it would likely be a good idea for you to take the time to get to know us (and introduce yourself) before setting yourself up as a teacher.  What say you take a break from your 'day by day' threads for a while and just join in general discussion? Oh, and would you mind putting the font size on your posts down a few notches? It's hard to follow a thread with giant print. :91_thumbsup:

Locking this thread as it's going nowhere.