• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hell's Population Clock

• Members
3 hours ago, Zuno_Yazh said:

BTW: If you are not competent and/or qualified to teach the Bible, then you are sure as heckfire not competent and/or qualified to discuss it nor to critique others making the effort.

I don't believe that comment is suitable on this forum.

• Members
2 hours ago, Invicta said:

I don't believe that comment is suitable on this forum.

Think about it Invicta. How's anybody supposed to discuss the Bible if they don't know what they're talking about?

Those kinds of discussions can only end up as perpetual bull sessions that never get to the bottom of anything because the Bible isn't meant to be learned by means of discussion; it's meant to be learned by instruction that's taught by someone enabled by God for that purpose. (Eph 4:11-14)

1Cor 12:29 . . Are all teachers?

The answer to that is a great big NO.

1Pet 4:11a . . If man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God.

The koiné Greek word for "oracles" is logion (log'-ee-on) which means something spoken as opposed to something written. In other words; logion isn't talking about quoting the Bible, rather, it's talking about speaking as God and for God. If speakers can't to do that-- if they can't sincerely believe themselves speaking as God and for God, i.e. standing in for God --then they really need to do us all a favor and keep quiet because they'll only be speaking as themselves and for themselves; muddying the waters and creating confusion, and quarrelling, bigotry, intolerance, taking sides, accusations, rivalry, ivory towers, and bad feelings; in other words: not conducive to unity; which, according to Eph 4:11-14, is contrary to the Lord's wishes.

/

Edited by Zuno_Yazh

• Members
2 hours ago, Zuno_Yazh said:

it's meant to be learned by instruction that's taught by someone enabled by God for that purpose.

So then WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO TEACH. Tell us who you are, what your affiliations are, and GIVE US A REASON TO TRUST YOU.

From what I've seen so far, you HAVE NOT BEEN enabled by God to teach, or you would not have got Genesis 1 so wrong.

Edited by DaveW
Phone spelling

• Members
7 hours ago, Zuno_Yazh said:

BTW: If you are not competent and/or qualified to teach the Bible, then you are sure as ###### not competent and/or qualified to discuss it nor to critique others making the effort.

Some people might find that replacement word a little offensive.

First thing: I can read the Bible, and understand what it says, and comoare what you say with the Bible, therefore I am qualified to test your teaching. See Acts 17:10  And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11  These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Note that these Bereans tested what the APOSTLE PAUL was teaching. Don't  you dare tell me that I shouldn't question you and your teaching. If it is good enough for Paul to be tested by the Bible, then you gotta know we should test you also.

Second thing: I am known here. Most people here trust me. Some people here know a great deal about me and can vouch for me. Nobody here k own anything more about you than the vague info yoi have given and that you teach falsely about Genesis.

Why should we trust you? You refuse to tell us who you are and wjere you are from, and you have proven to be an unbiblical eacher?

So far we have only reasons to NOT trust you.

• Members

-

Gen 6:5 . . God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

It's freaky to contemplate that humanity's designer has a way to eavesdrop His creatures' mental processes on a level with which they are mostly unfamiliar.

Matt 15:19 . . Out of the heart proceed evil thoughts,

So then, it's not how your mind works that defines you, no, it's how your heart works that defines you; and a man's heart is easily capable of hoodwinking his own consciousness.

Jer 17:9 . . The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

There is a part of us that psychology labels the subconscious; which in Freud's opinion is a repository for socially unacceptable ideas, wishes or desires, traumatic memories, and painful emotions put out of mind by the mechanism of psychological repression. However, the contents do not necessarily have to be solely negative.

In the psychoanalytic view, the subconscious is a force that can only be recognized by its effects-- in other words: your mind's thoughts can be construed not as replicas of your hearts thoughts; but rather, as symptoms of your heart's thoughts.

The key word in the above is repression. God is able to de-suppress those repressed contents and submit them as evidence in the prosecution's case against an accused. That means He will be confronting people with things that they never before really knew about themselves; and that's why I sometimes say only a fool would take their chances with God. They have no clue the extent of the psychological tsunami they're walking into.

/

• Members

Why should we trust your teaching?

What reason do we have to trust you?

Give us some reason to think anything about you other than that you are a false teacher?

Your Genesis false teaching was pointed out in that thread - so we have reason to MISTRUST YOU. How abput you tell us who you are and where you are from and why we should trust you....

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Well, this one lasted for a whole 12 days. the date of his last login on this board was April 12th. Never to be seen again, as usual with this type of person. They register to become a member, never disclose their affiliations or beliefs, drop a false teaching bomb and then disappear when called on it.

Pro. 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 
 17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 
 18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 
 19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.