• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Oil all gone in 30 years, what next?

• Members
On 5/2/2018 at 7:46 AM, DaveW said:

I used to use about 2.5 ltrs getting 42km  home from work - but that was water and it was free from the tap at work and free from the tap half way along the bike path. A little less in winter.

Slightly better on the way to work - easier riding in the cool of the morning.

On 5/2/2018 at 12:46 PM, DaveW said:

Just did the calcs and my turbo petrol medium wagon gets 47us mpg. Better on a recent long trip. 

(According to a conversion website from l/100km)

I was entirely on topic here, and apparently entirely ignored........

On 4/30/2018 at 10:09 AM, DaveW said:

Why is this now about the Jews and no longer about oil?

I hope the Lord returns within the next 30 years - only needs to be enough oil for the Lord's timing.

And if the Lord's timing is beyond the 30 years I believe my God can do anything -if we need it, He will supply it.

Proverbs 3

5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

And entirely on topic here as well, but also entirely ignored.

• Members

China sees the future and is acting upon it now; while we play games on forum boards

2017 China Electric Car Sales Blow World Out Of The Water — BAIC EC-Series Is A Superstar

The rise and rise of the Chinese plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) market is unstoppable, with yet another record performance in December. A total of 102,000 new passenger PEVs were registered last month, up 130% year over year. Yes, that was just December, and it pulled the year-to-date count to over 600,000 units, up 71% compared to 2016.

As consequence of this rapid growth, in December, the PEV share hit a record 3.3% market share of the entire Chinese auto market, while the entire 2017 PEV market share ended at 2.1%. That’s firmly ahead of last year’s score (1.5%) and above the USA (1.2%) and Europe (~1.9%).

The Chinese PEV market represented roughly half of the 1.2 million plug-ins sold worldwide in 2017, while Chinese car makers made 47% of all PEVs sold last year.

https://tinyurl.com/ybe5rcb7

Our future at being the world’s great leader is coming to an end. Soon we, i.e. the us will fall into the category of a third world economy if we do not wake up soooon!

• Administrators

OK tooldtocare this is a message board, or forum if you like, that is dedicated to fellowship with like minded Christians, Specifically Baptists. You indicated in your introduction that you were a Christian and a Baptist and wanted to interact with other Christians regarding the relationship between God and Israel.

Since that time you have  only posted political rhetoric. There are plenty of message boards that are dedicated to politics. While we do have an occasional political post, it usually relates in some manner to spiritual subjects.

If you have something to post of a spiritual nature  I am sure we would all like to hear it. But please save the political rhetoric for political message boards.

• Members
On 5/1/2018 at 5:53 PM, tooldtocare said:

A hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) is a type of hybrid vehicle... These cars get 44+/- miles to the gallon

Terribly inefficient.  In the 1980s automakers produced cars that got over 60 miles to the gallon.  My father owned one until a '75 Oldsmobile destroyed it and nearly him in an accident.  Too small to be safe, just like today.  Our '82 Olds diesel got over 35 mpg on the highway and it seated 4-5 in luxury and weighed over 4000 pounds loaded.  This is not nearly as important as discussing what you read in your bible today.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 4/30/2018 at 5:44 AM, swathdiver said:

We have nuclear energy, which is a favorite of mine

I totally agree, nuclear is our future energy source. . To get the fuel to fire up a nuclear reactor  requires lots of centrifuges.

I believe that is why Iran's centrifuges were not destroyed.  The world needs all the centrifuges we can make to make the needed fuel to run the world's nuclear reactors.

In my view

• Members

The Iranians are using nuclear technology for the express purpose of destroying Israel.  America and or Israel should bomb them forthwith.  We need more reactors in the United States and at sea powering our capitol warships. 

What if anything does God's Word say on this topic?  That's what really matters.

• Members
On 5/24/2018 at 4:55 AM, swathdiver said:

What if anything does God's Word say on this topic?  That's what really matters.

If you think God is going to supply all the energy we need you are sadly mistaken. He gave us the ability to "think" for ourselves and the rest is up to us.

Here is a bit of God's word for you to chew on-

(Ezek 36:17 KJV)  Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

Ezekiel 21:32 (ASV) Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I, Jehovah, have spoken it.

According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population

On 5/24/2018 at 4:55 AM, swathdiver said:

If you think God is going to supply all the energy we need you are sadly mistaken. He gave us the ability to "think" for ourselves and the rest is up to us.

Here is a bit of God's word for you to chew on-

(Ezek 36:17 KJV)  Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

In 1947 they were gathered just as the above post prophesied

(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

Ezekiel 21:32 (ASV) Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I, Jehovah, have spoken it.

According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population

• Members

1. Why are quoting from the ASV on a KJV site? - especially when you have already been told not to.

2. Why all the verses that are not about the subject but about Israel specifically?

Why has this suddenly changed from being about energy stores to being what appears to be anti-Israel?

Not many people here will accept you pushing an "Anti-God's chosen nation" line.

• Members
On 4/29/2018 at 7:10 PM, No Nicolaitans said:

Ezekiel 21:32 is referring to the Ammonites...not the Israelites.

Again I must add, so said the spider to the fly--------

25 And you, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

26 Thus says the Lord GOD; Remove the turban, and take off the crown: this shall not remain the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.

27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he comes whose right it is; and I will give it to him.

31 And I will pour out my indignation upon you, I will blow against you in the fire of my wrath, and deliver you into the hand of brutal men, skilful to destroy.

32 You shall be for fuel to the fire; your blood shall be in the midst of the land; you shall be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

I looked and looked and behold I could not find the word Ammonites" anywhere to be found

2 hours ago, DaveW said:

Not many people here will accept you pushing an "Anti-God's chosen nation" line.

All I have done is respond to posts directed at me. I would rather talk about our impeding energy crises instead. 

Tell the other posters to stop talking to me about biblical verses and get back to discussing our future energy needs. 

I for one will not bring this subject up in this energy forum again. 

Edited by tooldtocare

• Members

I believe that is why Iran's centrifuges were not all destroyed.  The world needs all the centrifuges we can make to make the needed fuel to run the world's nuclear reactors.

In my view

Edited by tooldtocare

• Members
1 hour ago, tooldtocare said:

Again I must add, so said the spider to the fly--------

25 And you, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

26 Thus says the Lord GOD; Remove the turban, and take off the crown: this shall not remain the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.

27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he comes whose right it is; and I will give it to him.

31 And I will pour out my indignation upon you, I will blow against you in the fire of my wrath, and deliver you into the hand of brutal men, skilful to destroy.

32 You shall be for fuel to the fire; your blood shall be in the midst of the land; you shall be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

I looked and looked and behold I could not find the word Ammonites" anywhere to be found

All I have done is respond to posts directed at me. I would rather talk about our impeding energy crises instead. 

Tell the other posters to stop talking to me about biblical verses and get back to discussing our future energy needs. 

Sir, if you didn't see it, I would presume it's because you left out the verses...you skipped right from verse 27 to 31...I would ask you to read verses 28, 29, and 30...and then tell us whether the Ammonites are mentioned...and then tell us who verses 31 and 32 pertain to.

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members
2 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

This, on a BIBLE FORUM??????

I have no right to "tell the others" especially when it is from someone asking not to use the Bible in a Bible forum.......

This is utterly ridiculous....

• Administrators

We will stick to biblical and spiritual things on this forum.

tooldtocare, if you want to discuss politics or related things go do it on a forum that is designed for that. I have locked your other thread because it contains your political views and disdain for spiritual discussion as well as creating dissension.

No more warnings, if you continue as you have you will be banned.