• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Newly Purchased Bible!

• Members
16 hours ago, CelinaCelinaCelina said:

That’s amazing! :) I wish I can read the bible in Filipino. Although there are KJV’s in Tagalog, I just can’t understand it. I understand it better in English.  I didn’t know there were bibles like that (reverse order) 

It was a binding error

• Members
16 hours ago, CelinaCelinaCelina said:

That’s amazing! :) I wish I can read the bible in Filipino. Although there are KJV’s in Tagalog, I just can’t understand it. I understand it better in English.  I didn’t know there were bibles like that (reverse order) 

We support a Filipino Pastor who came over a year or two ago, he came to our church on a Wednesday  evening.   He gave an update on his work and then said "Do you mind if I don't preach as I can only preach in Tagalog."   Our friend, Gilbert was a missionary in Manila for 18 years.  He learnt Tagalog but was not confident in preaching in that language without reading his sermons. He eventually became the pastor of a mainly Chinese church in the English language. More recently he has retired to Scotland and became pastor to the Harbour Mission Baptist Church in Wick., The membership was only five elderly ladies.  

Wick is  somewhat remote and the next town is 50 miles away but takes about 2½ hours to drive and over 4 hours by train..  In the past,fishermen from the harbour went all down the east coast of Scotland and England.  Their wives often followed them to process the fish.  However with overfishing in the past and EU quotas mean that the fisherman have gone and the mission became a Baptist Church.  

• Members
18 hours ago, CelinaCelinaCelina said:

I’ve been researching about Cambridge bibles and they look very elegant. However, I’m a heavy note taker. I highlight and write along the margins. The cambridge bibles seem to have thin pages. 

How about yours? :) 

I do not recommend Cambridge bibles, they have good covers, but I don't think their binding is near as good as Church bible publishers or local church bible publishers. 

• Administrators

I'm not sure why you say this Jordan. My binding lasted for 39 years of hard use. And when it started to go, it was just the map pages and the two front pages. But I have to admit that I have no experience with any other bibles, this is the first and only one I have ever used.

8 hours ago, CelinaCelinaCelina said:

May I request you to post a picture? 

I want to know how much the highlights bleed. :))) Thank you. 

I don't have any way to post a picture of my bible Celina, I'm sorry.

• Members
3 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

I do not recommend Cambridge bibles, they have good covers, but I don't think their binding is near as good as Church bible publishers or local church bible publishers. 

Why so? 

1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I'm not sure why you say this Jordan. My binding lasted for 39 years of hard use. And when it started to go, it was just the map pages and the two front pages. But I have to admit that I have no experience with any other bibles, this is the first and only one I have ever used.

I don't have any way to post a picture of my bible Celina, I'm sorry.

It’s okay, Jim. :) 

I’ll probably buy a premium bible after 7 years. :) 

The Schuyler Canterbury Goatskin looks nice too.