• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who is the army that comes with Jesus?

• Members
11 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

Psalms
Chapter 149

1 Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.

3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.

4 For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.

5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;

7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;

8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;

9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

All the saints which includes the meek saved Jews.

Hi Eric,

I hear what you are saying, however those `meek` inherit the earth, (Matt. 5: 5) whereas the Body of Christ has a different inheritance - in heaven. (Rev. 3: 21)

Again, the revelation of the Body of Christ was NOT known to people in the OT.

Marilyn.

20 minutes ago, Invicta said:

You have both got it wrong here.

Daniel 11 is a complete prophecy of the Jewish nation from Alexander to Herod and the Romans. Chapter 12 goes straight on from that and  Michael stands up for his people  at the first coming of the Lord Jesus when he came to confirm the covenant with many.  After that the tribulation of AD 66-70 when Daniel's people, the believing Jews whose names were written in the book of life were written in the Book Of Life, escaped the city according to the Lord's commands when they saw the abomination of desolation, that is the Roman Armies surrounding Jerusalem, were to flee Jerusalem and Judah.  

Only Christians will have everlasting life, verse 2.  

The wise at that time were the Jewish Christians who understood the command of Jesus to flee the city.

Hi Invicta,

So the people of Israel were delivered? `And at that time your people shall e delivered.` (Dan. 12: 1)

And was that time the worst ever? `And there shall be a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation,` (Dan. 12: 1)

Marilyn.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

I hear what you are saying, however those `meek` inherit the earth, (Matt. 5: 5) whereas the Body of Christ has a different inheritance - in heaven. (Rev. 3: 21)

Again, the revelation of the Body of Christ was NOT known to people in the OT.

Marilyn.

Hi Invicta,

So the people of Israel were delivered? `And at that time your people shall e delivered.` (Dan. 12: 1)

And was that time the worst ever? `And there shall be never was since there was a nation,` (Dan. 12: 1)

Marilyn.

The time of tribulation mentioned in Olivet.  Futurists always misquote these scriptures.  The scripture nowhere says it was the worst ever, it says  `And there shall be never was since there was a nation,`  

It was a tribulation "such as" there never was since there was a nation.  The city and temple were desolated, the high priests were all murdered.  The priesthood abolished and the kingdom taken from them and given to another.    

• Members
33 minutes ago, Invicta said:

The time of tribulation mentioned in Olivet.  Futurists always misquote these scriptures.  The scripture nowhere says it was the worst ever, it says  `And there shall be never was since there was a nation,`  

It was a tribulation "such as" there never was since there was a nation.  The city and temple were desolated, the high priests were all murdered.  The priesthood abolished and the kingdom taken from them and given to another.    

Hi Invicta,

Thank you for that clarification, however since Israel is still a nation there is still more to come. So we can`t say that 70AD was the worst time.

Now about that other point - So the people of Israel were delivered? `And at that time your people shall be delivered.` (Dan. 12: 1)

Marilyn.

• Members
On 3/6/2018 at 4:54 PM, Marilyn C said:

Eric bro,

The Holy Spirit did not reveal to any prophet or person in the Old Testament, about the Body of Christ. Remember the Holy Spirit said through the Apostle Paul that that revelation was not known by people previously. (Eph. 3: 5) So you can`t use OT scriptures for the Body of Christ.

Read Dan. 12 carefully, it is talking about Michael, the angel for Israel, and the `they` are the people that the context is about - Israel. Nothing at all to do with the Body of Christ. You are not correctly distinguishing who is talking to whom, or what God`s purposes are for - the nations, Israel, and the Body of Christ.

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

Psalm 22:22-28

22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.

Psalm 24:3-7

3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?

4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

Marilyn we are in that generation that was spoken of in the old testament.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Hi Eric,

Yes wonderful words from the Lord, and I agree we are in the generation of which some, will go into the Millennial reign of Christ through Israel.

And Ps. 24 I believe concerns when the Lord ascended into Glory. 

So it`s good to encourage each other with these words. Now do you have any more thoughts on the OP topic?

regards, Marilyn. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

Yes wonderful words from the Lord, and I agree we are in the generation of which some, will go into the Millennial reign of Christ through Israel.

And Ps. 24 I believe concerns when the Lord ascended into Glory. 

So it`s good to encourage each other with these words. Now do you have any more thoughts on the OP topic?

regards, Marilyn. 

Marilyn,

It is the body of Christ that will be in the army with clean white robes.

Revelation 19:7-8,11-14

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Habakkuk 3:11-13

11 The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.

12 Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.

13 Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine      (((((((((anointed;)))))))))                                                    thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

(The anointed saints will be in the army from heaven.)

Psalm 149:4-9

4 For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.

5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;

7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;

8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;

9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

(The anointed saints will rest in glory till the end of the tribulation and then they will be given a sword to go with Jesus to kill the heathen army of antichrist.)

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Hi Eric,

Now I cannot imagine a humble, pleasant man, (from photo) like yourself - killing people. We know that God`s word tells the believers of the Body of Christ that we do NOT war against flesh and blood.

`For though we walk in the flesh we do NOT war according to the flesh.` (2 Cor. 10: 3)

And Ps. 149 cannot be about the Body of Christ as God tells us quite clearly that that was NOT known in the OT.

Now as to Habakkuk, quite clearly that is about the Lord going forth to battle for Israel in the past. There again the OT prophets were NOT told about the Body of Christ.

So on to Rev. 19. We see that the army is dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Now did you know that that is also a description of angels?

`And out of the temple came the seven angels, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure, bright linen,...` (Rev. 15: 6)

This description is to show that they are holy angels. Thus the army coming with the Lord Is described as holy, (fine linen) to distinguish them from the beast and his army. Now the Lord is the captain of the hosts through out scripture, and is the ONLY army that is from heaven. The Body of Christ is NOT an army but the Body of believers who will be the court in heaven who bring judgment upon fallen angels and the world system. (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3)

Another point, bro. You may not have realised it but the Body of Christ is NEVER called the wife, or the bride, only Israel has been referred to as that. As you like the OT you may like to look that up - where God calls Israel His wife and is betrothed to them forever.

regards, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Members
On 3/9/2018 at 12:52 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

Now I cannot imagine a humble, pleasant man, (from photo) like yourself - killing people. We know that God`s word tells the believers of the Body of Christ that we do NOT war against flesh and blood.

`For though we walk in the flesh we do NOT war according to the flesh.` (2 Cor. 10: 3)

And Ps. 149 cannot be about the Body of Christ as God tells us quite clearly that that was NOT known in the OT.

Now as to Habakkuk, quite clearly that is about the Lord going forth to battle for Israel in the past. There again the OT prophets were NOT told about the Body of Christ.

So on to Rev. 19. We see that the army is dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Now did you know that that is also a description of angels?

`And out of the temple came the seven angels, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure, bright linen,...` (Rev. 15: 6)

This description is to show that they are holy angels. Thus the army coming with the Lord Is described as holy, (fine linen) to distinguish them from the beast and his army. Now the Lord is the captain of the hosts through out scripture, and is the ONLY army that is from heaven. The Body of Christ is NOT an army but the Body of believers who will be the court in heaven who bring judgment upon fallen angels and the world system. (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3)

Another point, bro. You may not have realised it but the Body of Christ is NEVER called the wife, or the bride, only Israel has been referred to as that. As you like the OT you may like to look that up - where God calls Israel His wife and is betrothed to them forever.

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

Habakkuk 2:1-4

1 I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

((Habakkuk was written for the end of time after Jesus was lifted up.))

Is about the saints from all time which will include us. You will also have the honor of killing the heathen. Sorry I know it sounds bad. I guess after we are holy it will seem better to do what Jesus commands with the sword out of his mouth.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
7 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

Habakkuk 2:1-4

1 I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

((Habakkuk was written for the end of time after Jesus was lifted up.))

Is about the saints from all time which will include us. You will also have the honor of killing the heathen. Sorry I know it sounds bad. I guess after we are holy it will seem better to do what Jesus commands with the sword out of his mouth.

Hi Eric,

I agree that Habakkuk is referring to the appointed time - the end time. Now as God is dealing with Israel and the nations in the OT then those are the ones He is referring to.

As to Ps. 149 referring to all saints killing others, -

1. The Body of Christ is NOT mentioned in the OT, (& told specifically that they do NOT war in the flesh.)

2. You need other scriptures to back up your statement.

3. We cannot base a doctrine on one scripture, it all have to dove tail into the whole.

4. Scripture only tells us that the Lord Himself deals with the world`s armies.

`And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.` (Zech. 14: 12)

regards, Marilyn.

• Members
52 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

I agree that Habakkuk is referring to the appointed time - the end time. Now as God is dealing with Israel and the nations in the OT then those are the ones He is referring to.

1. The Body of Christ is NOT mentioned in the OT, (& told specifically that they do NOT war in the flesh.)

3. We cannot base a doctrine on one scripture, it all have to dove tail into the whole.

`And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.` (Zech. 14: 12)

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

(((Habakkuk 3:13 anointed are the saints from heaven not the body of Christ on earth.They are part of the army with Christ in Revelation 19:14. And Psalm 149:4-9 tells us that a two-edged sword will be given to the saints in heaven to kill the heathen on earth as it is written.))) That is 3 passages, it seems clear to me.

(((Zechariah 14:12 happens during the tribulation in Ezekiel 39:6 and Isaiah 25:4-7 When the blast of the terrible ones kills the strangers and destroys the veil over the whole earth.)))

• Members

Hi Eric,

You are stringing together those scriptures and do NOT have scriptural basis for that.

1. You have NOT proven that the OT mentions the Body of Christ, when scripture clearly says it doesn`t.

2. You are assuming we are the army, when in actual fact Jesus clearly says in many places that it is His angelic army.

3. The world`s armies ONLY surround Jerusalem at the end of the trib, and that is the ONLY time scripture tells us that the Lord Jesus comes in power and great glory.

If you are not able to clearly see what God`s word is saying and continue to go against scripture, then we wont be able to carry on this discussion. We need to be talking about what God`s word actually says and NOT go against it, or assume, having our own opinions.

When you continually talk of the Body of Christ in the OT when God`s word says it was not known then, then to me you are on your own agenda and evading the points I bring up.

regards, Marilyn.

• Members
11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

You are stringing together those scriptures and do NOT have scriptural basis for that.

1. You have NOT proven that the OT mentions the Body of Christ, when scripture clearly says it doesn`t.

2. You are assuming we are the army, when in actual fact Jesus clearly says in many places that it is His angelic army.

3. The world`s armies ONLY surround Jerusalem at the end of the trib, and that is the ONLY time scripture tells us that the Lord Jesus comes in power and great glory.

If you are not able to clearly see what God`s word is saying and continue to go against scripture, then we wont be able to carry on this discussion. We need to be talking about what God`s word actually says and NOT go against it, or assume, having our own opinions.

When you continually talk of the Body of Christ in the OT when God`s word says it was not known then, then to me you are on your own agenda and evading the points I bring up.

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

The question was as follows.

Who is the army that comes with Jesus at the end of the tribulation?

This not in old testament time.

These passages are talking about saints not just the church age body of Christ at the end of the tribulation.

(((Habakkuk 3:13 anointed are the saints from heaven not the body of Christ on earth.They are part of the army with Christ in Revelation 19:14. And Psalm 149:4-9 tells us that a two-edged sword will be given to the saints in heaven to kill the heathen on earth as it is written.))) That is 3 passages, it seems clear to me.

Angels are not anointed.

I believe what the bible says.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
12 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

The question was as follows.

Who is the army that comes with Jesus at the end of the tribulation?

This not in old testament time.

These passages are talking about saints not just the church age body of Christ at the end of the tribulation.

Angels are not anointed.

I believe what the bible says.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your thoughts. They are fair comments and I appreciate you sharing the basis of why you believe as you do.

I agree that the end times is not the Old Testament time. God is revealing what is happening at the end of the age, (of the Gentiles ruling before the millennium). So to prove your view your would need scriptures from the NT to show specifically that the Body of Christ is the army that comes back with the Lord.

Also you need to prove that the saints in the OT include the Body of Christ. Remembering that that revelation was NOT known or revealed to the OT prophets.

As to Habakkuk, let`s have a closer look -

`You (the LORD) went forth for the salvation of your people (Israel), for salvation with your Anointed. (Jesus)` (Hab. 13: 3)

Anointed - Heb. word, `mashiyach,` meaning anointed - king, priest or saint, spec. the Messiah.

The Messiah is the Anointed one that brought salvation to His people - out of Egypt, through the Red Sea, into the promised land, all of which are described in this chapter.

regards, Marilyn.  

• Members
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:10 AM, Marilyn C said:

`Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And he who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.

His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and his name is called the Word of God.

And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed on white horses. Now out of his mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it he should strike the nations. And he himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

And he has on his robe and on his thigh a name written - King of Kings and Lord of Lords.` (Rev. 19: 11 - 16)

Marilyn,

May I ask a question? The above Revelation 19:11-16 passage  is not quoted from the King James Version, nor can I find a reference in either this post, nor in the following posts, of the version that you use. To my understanding, on OnLineBaptist, only the King James Version is to be used, and, on those occasions when a different version, or a Greek quotation, or a Greek word is referenced,  is quoted from the reference is given.

Could you please tell me what version of the scripture you used in quoting Revelation 19:11-16?

Thank you.

Alan

• Members
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:52 PM, Marilyn C said:

`But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment.....` (Matt. 22: 11)

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

The passage in Matthew 22:11 is not the King James Version nor can I find a reference to the version that you quoted.

Could you please let me know which version of the scriptures that you quoted from?

Thank you.

Alan 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, Marilyn C said:

`And at that time your people shall be delivered.` (Dan. 12: 1)

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

The above scripture passage, Daniel 12:1, is not from the King James Version.

Could you please inform me which version of the Bible it is quoted from? I do appreciate the information.

Thank you.

Alan