• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who is the army that comes with Jesus?

• Members
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, Marilyn C said:

`And there shall be a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation,` (Dan. 12: 1)

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

The portion of Daniel 12:1 that you quoted is not a quotation of the King James Version. Could you please inform me what version of the scriptures that you quoted?

Thank you.

Alan

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:42 PM, Marilyn C said:

`And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.` (Zech. 14: 12)

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

The passage that you quoted from, Zechariah 14:12, is not quoted from the King James Version of the scriptures. Could you please inform me what version that you quoted from? I would appreciate the information very much.

Regards,

Alan

• Members
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:41 PM, Marilyn C said:

`You (the LORD) went forth for the salvation of your people (Israel), for salvation with your Anointed. (Jesus)` (Hab. 13: 3)

Anointed - Heb. word, `mashiyach,` meaning anointed - king, priest or saint, spec. the Messiah.

The Messiah is the Anointed one that brought salvation to His people - out of Egypt, through the Red Sea, into the promised land, all of which are described in this chapter.

regards, Marilyn.  

Marilyn,

The above passage you referenced, which is actually Habakkuk 3:13 and not Habakkuk 13:3, is not a quotation from the King James Version. To my understanding, only the King James Version of the scriptures can be used on OnLineBaptist and it is common courtesy (and very helpful to any discussion of any subject in the scriptures),  to inform other people of the version that you are using when not using the King James Version.

Regards,

Alan

• Administrators

Marilyn, Bro. Alan's request is a reasonable one and I too would like to read your answer to it. He is correct in stating that only the KJV is to be used on this site at the request of the board's owner.

The guidelines for posting on Online Baptist can be found here.

• Members
8 hours ago, Alan said:

Marilyn,

The above passage you referenced, which is actually Habakkuk 3:13 and not Habakkuk 13:3, is not a quotation from the King James Version. To my understanding, only the King James Version of the scriptures can be used on OnLineBaptist and it is common courtesy (and very helpful to any discussion of any subject in the scriptures),  to inform other people of the version that you are using when not using the King James Version.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Please excuse my error. I was using the NKJV, so now I will post the KJV, or write the name of the other version. Thank you for the correction.

(Habakkuk 13!!!! lol)

regards, Marilyn.

6 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Marilyn, Bro. Alan's request is a reasonable one and I too would like to read your answer to it. He is correct in stating that only the KJV is to be used on this site at the request of the board's owner.

The guidelines for posting on Online Baptist can be found here.

Thanks Jim, much appreciated.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Members
On 3/13/2018 at 8:14 AM, Alan said:

Marilyn,

May I ask a question? The above Revelation 19:11-16 passage  is not quoted from the King James Version, nor can I find a reference in either this post, nor in the following posts, of the version that you use. To my understanding, on OnLineBaptist, only the King James Version is to be used, and, on those occasions when a different version, or a Greek quotation, or a Greek word is referenced,  is quoted from the reference is given.

Could you please tell me what version of the scripture you used in quoting Revelation 19:11-16?

Thank you.

Alan

Alan, what do you think is the answer ? who is in the army with Jesus?

• Members

Eric,

I have been very hesitant to get involved with this discussion for a few reasons.

1. Due to the usage of a non-KJV version of the scriptures.

2. Marilyn has incorrectly used Ephesians 3:3-6, neglected the  teaching of Paul the apostle in Ephesians chapter 2, and the continuation of Ephesians chapter 3:7 and the following verses. Ephesians chapter 2 & 3 clearly show that since the saved saints in the church age are a part of the saved saints in the Old Testament in a spiritual manner and are partakers of the saints in the Old Testament as the Old prophets prophesied.  Marilyn has not accepted your using the Old Testament passages to prove your point.

3. Marilyn has incorrectly used the teaching of the Lord Jesus coming with His angles has foretold in Matthew 24:30-31; 25:31 and Luke 9:26

4. I do not want to get in a debate with Marilyn.

5. I had previously answered this question in my Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study.

Alan

• Members
2 hours ago, Alan said:

Eric,

I have been very hesitant to get involved with this discussion for a few reasons.

1. Due to the usage of a non-KJV version of the scriptures.

2. Marilyn has incorrectly used Ephesians 3:3-6, neglected the  teaching of Paul the apostle in Ephesians chapter 2, and the continuation of Ephesians chapter 3:7 and the following verses. Ephesians chapter 2 & 3 clearly show that since the saved saints in the church age are a part of the saved saints in the Old Testament in a spiritual manner and are partakers of the saints in the Old Testament as the Old prophets prophesied.  Marilyn has not accepted your using the Old Testament passages to prove your point.

3. Marilyn has incorrectly used the teaching of the Lord Jesus coming with His angles has foretold in Matthew 24:30-31; 25:31 and Luke 9:26

4. I do not want to get in a debate with Marilyn.

5. I had previously answered this question in my Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study.

Alan

Thank you Alan.

• Members
On 3/10/2018 at 6:43 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

You are stringing together those scriptures and do NOT have scriptural basis for that.

1. You have NOT proven that the OT mentions the Body of Christ, when scripture clearly says it doesn`t.

2. You are assuming we are the army, when in actual fact Jesus clearly says in many places that it is His angelic army.

3. The world`s armies ONLY surround Jerusalem at the end of the trib, and that is the ONLY time scripture tells us that the Lord Jesus comes in power and great glory.

If you are not able to clearly see what God`s word is saying and continue to go against scripture, then we wont be able to carry on this discussion. We need to be talking about what God`s word actually says and NOT go against it, or assume, having our own opinions.

When you continually talk of the Body of Christ in the OT when God`s word says it was not known then, then to me you are on your own agenda and evading the points I bring up.

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn.

We will be part of the saints in the heavenly army. Jesus will never leave us.

Hebrews 13:5-6

5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

The antichrist army will take Jerusalem in the middle of the tribulation Revelation 11:1-2. Then the Lord Jesus will come down to the mount of Olives alone to split it so Israel can flee. Zechariah 14:1-5.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Jude 1:14-15

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

• 4 months later...
  • Members
On 8/9/2018 at 8:12 AM, DaChaser said:

Helpful to remember that the Revelation ties directly into Daniel and other OT prophecies, so the key to the symbols will be found in those other prophetic books. Also important to realise that the Book was written to address both immediate situations at time of John, and also was addressing future end time events still yet to come.

The churches mentioned by John addresed by jesus would refer to various churches throughout the Church Age, and some see them as historical churches, as in various stages of the state of the Church going forward.

Please remember also that the main person of the Book is Jesus Christ, not the antichrist, as some weant to elevate that person to being the main person of the prophecy.

I would think that we are the army that returns to Earth after our Wedding Feast with the Lamb (Jesus) and follow Him down to Armageddon. Its our reward, its the finale. Angels dont get that priviledge, we do...we fought for it and we are deserving, and we have to take over the Earth as the Lords representatives in the Millinial RULE.

We follow our Bridegroom and Saviour and King of Kings down to the battle just as we have done throughout our lives. No difference... onward Christian soldiers.... marching or flying down to battle