• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

1. Roselove

Roselove

• Similar Content

• By Jordan Kurecki
      Since it is obvious that Repentance is necessary for salvation, we should be concerned with what it is as soul winners, but I wonder how often the word is actual defined properly. 
      Can you define repentance as it relates to salvation with the following
      1. Using the lexical meaning of the word and not your own preconceived theological notions of what the word means
      2. taking into account the context of biblical passages that contain the word 

• By Jordan Kurecki
      Of all the verses in the bible that describe God's requirement for man to receive salvation what percentage of them use the words "Faith", "Believe" or "Repent" as opposed to "Ask Jesus into your heart" or even praying a prayer for that matter? I'll help you out, Faith and Believe are found the most over 100 times, Repent is probably second with at least 33 times, and you could maybe argue that 3-5 particular passages describe a prayer, and ZERO times do we find man commanded to "Ask Jesus into your heart"
      Now take those figures and ask yourself if those numbers accurately reflects what we most often emphasis as man's responsibility in salvation is? Maybe we need to rethink about how we are explaining the Gospel to people.
    • By Jordan Kurecki
      in the near future I will begin sending email updates about my journey to and future ministry in Uganda, if you are interested in receiving these update, then please click the link below to subscribe!
      http://eepurl.com/c3Df8T
    • By Jordan Kurecki
      I got rid of a bunch of Gospel tracts today.. it's interesting how many tracts today don't even have the Gospel in them. (The death, burial, and resurrection.)
      I think in some ways we make the Gospel more complicated than it is. Salvation is simple childlike faith and dependence on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
      I think in our zeal to protect from false professions, and easy believism that we have swung too far in the opposite direction. Sometimes giving people the impression that they have to clean up their lives before they can be saved.
      I can't tell you how many people I have seen who come from fundamental churches that question their salvation, they say things like "I don't know if I repented enough" or "I don't know if I was sorry enough"...Salvation is us trusting Christ to do it all, it's not us working up enough sorrow or tears, it's not even us making a commitment to give up sins. Yes people have to understand that they are sinners and deserve hell, but to say a sinner has to "give their life to Christ" or "make Jesus Lord of their life" or anything else is preaching a false gospel. Neither is salvation "asking Jesus into your heart."
      I am against easy believism 1-2-3 pray after me, but I am also against Lordship Salvation and false views of repentance. The truth is in the middle.