• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

the Nubi of Uganda

• Members

http://www.peoplegroups.org/explore/GroupDetails.aspx?peid=15124

This is a unengaged and unreached people group in Uganda, they have no bible in their language and are 100% Islam, they happen to be geographically right in the same areas that one of my friends over there is working with the Lugbara tribe. I am praying about going to the Nubi people group. My training that I am receiving here at Baptist Bible Translators Institute equips me for such a task as going and starting a work like this. 

Pray for these people! 

• Members

Hi Jordan,

I appreciate all your labor of love for preaching to the lost in Uganda. Someone who isn't "ashamed" of the gospel. I was told by a friend who knows of another man (missionary) who denied the faith in times of persecution: verbally and physically), This happened a lot, especially when confronted by others who threatened him for preaching the Gospel. Hopefully you won't come across people with violent reactions to the Gospel, or their threats.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both body and soul in hell. (Matthew 10:28)

I know God will guide you through your preaching to the poor and the lost, and you will be protected in future missionary journeys.

God Bless,

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Not that I am aware of. Unless you count the Arabic bible or English bible. However unless you have experience working in foreign fields it is hard probably to understand how difficult it is to communicate with people in trade languages because most people are not really fluent and can not understand complex metaphysical concepts like those needed to communicate biblical truth. plus only about half of them even speak English. Many also speak Arabic but it’s doubtful if they can understand the Bible in Arabic either. On top of that only about half are even literate. 

I asked my Nubi friend to tell me what an Arabic verse from Romans says and the translation he gave me in English was shaky. 

The fact of the matter is there are many Nubi who only speaks Nubi and have no scripture they can read and understand. 

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members
16 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

No missionary or Bible has ever reached them? Seems strange since they have computers and Internet and know how to use them.

Many people in 3rd would countries have smart phones now. You would be surprised. 

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members

Brother Jordan,

Thank you for your information that you have given us concerning the spiritual needs of the Nubi people group and the Lugbarha tribe in Uganda.

We appreciate your concern on their behalf and it is our prayer that the Lord will give you wisdom, and guidance, as you correspond with you Nubi friend.

Alan