• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

We all need revival from time to time NN, it's now your time, AND my time!  Thankfully the Lord is sending revival to our church.  Looking forward to seeing Evangelist David Corn again soon and his lovely wife.

The liberals/lost have created the mess that they are in.  Instead of addressing the issues, they project and ignore reality and come after the adults in the room.  

How many mines does it take to sow a minefield?  Answer: One!

Murderers like these almost always choose the most lightly defended targets as they want to inflict maximum carnage without being stopped or slowed down by being shot at.  If some nut who didn't know about our church came into the auditorium during services, the best thing to do is duck and not get caught in the crossfire!  Truth is, he'd never get inside anyway.  

Parkland is another instance of the lunacy of relying on government.  The social workers dropped the ball, the deputies dropped the ball, the school board's policies are crazy and the FBI dropped the ball.  When all else failed, the one guy with a gun was yellow.  The next couple who showed up joined him.  When the city cops from the next town showed up, they went right in but it was too late.  Broward County has had at least one and sometimes two policeman/deputies at every school since the 1980s when I grew up down there.  Our school had 2 city cops back then.  They showed up right around the time Janet Reno took away open carry and we could no longer have guns in our cars.  If you watch older movies, every pick up truck had a rifle and shotgun on a rack in the back window for hunting.

• Members
10 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Hi everyone...please forgive me for how my post came across. In looking over it, I can understand how it must appear.

To Bro. Scott...

Thank you. I apologize for giving the impression that I'm going too far the other way...that isn't the case. Thank you for praying.

Brother McWhorter,

I thank you for your response.  It is just that as I read your earlier posting, my heart simply broke within me.  Although we have never met face to face (as far as I can remember), you are one of those on the forum who has a deep place within my heart.  You are one who is dear to me; and although I am not one who cries often, I think that my eyes watered for a moment.  I know, it was probably some dust in my eye. :10_wink:  Seriously, my heart is burdened for you my dear brother, over the depth of your need.  I cannot help and heal that heart pain, but I can direct you unto the Blessed One who can - Look unto Jesus.  Praise the Lord even for a nice, clean, window down drive.  (Up here in Michigan that is not really reasonable right now.)  I am sorry if these postings are coming across in a wrong way.  I am just trying to express my emotional burden for your sake, but I am not very good at emotional expression.  By nature I can handle grammatical and informational expression fairly well, but emotional expression is difficult for my nature.  So, please receive my expression in the spirit with which it is intended.

Your FRIEND,

Pastor Scott Markle

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members

I have had similar thoughts.

On 2/24/2018 at 1:08 PM, No Nicolaitans said:

I long for the days when I was new to the faith, when I couldn't get enough of Jesus and the bible, and when I (mistakenly) thought that all Christians believed rightly.

Psalm 42 is a comfort to me when I have remembered the days right after I got saved and after a period of time understood what is happening in the realm of Christianity.

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall come and appear before God? ... Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. ... Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." Psalm 42:1-2, 8 & 11

God is our hope, our health: both spiritually, mentally and physically and one day, eternally in a perfect (in all aspects), environment, perfect understanding, we will appear in the presence of God. In eternity, and not before, God will take care of all of the heretics,  mis-understandings among the brethren, rancor, and the hardness of hearts.

May the Lord bless and keep you in His loving arms.

Edited by Alan
sentence structure