• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My computer is hacked again

Rosie

• Administrators

Sorry for your problems Rosie. This sounds more like a virus than a hack. I can't imagine why a hacker would bother to hack an elderly woman's computer. There can't be anything of any importance on it to interest a hacker. If it were actually a hacker he would be stealing things like passwords and bank account or credit card numbers. For a genuine hacker to mess with inconsequential things like removing a battery icon makes no sense.

Of course I reserve the right to be wrong, but this sounds more like either a virus or a computer glitch. If you reboot the computer does the icon appear, or is it still gone?

• Members

who ever it is moves things around. increases the size of fonts and pages and decreases them.. they move my desk top things around.. the icons come and go... I don't have my banking on my computer nor buy anything on line for this reason... i will run my anti virus protection today.. nothing ever shows up...thanks for your help