• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Attention Bible Scholars

• Administrators

Rosie, I am no bible scholar, but have to echo Alan's  question. Do you have a scripture verse that contains those words?

Right off the top of my head I don't understand what you are asking because there is not enough information.    :sorry:

• Members
4 hours ago, Rosie said:

what does against he came mean 

Exodus 7:15 -- "Get thee unto Pharaoh in the morning; lo, he goeth out unto the water; and thou shalt stand by the river’s brink against he come; and the rod which was turned to a serpent shalt thou take in thine hand."

"Against he come" in this verse means "to get there before Pharaoh did in readiness for Pharaoh's coming" (as if in preparation to move in opposition against him as soon as he approaches).

• Administrators

I do have an excuse Bro. Scott. Although I get online in the early morning, it takes this old body and brain about two hours to wake up and start functioning. You do have the advantage though, because of the time difference between MI, and California. You were awake and had the advantage.

OK, that's my excuse and I'm stickin to it!    :8_laughing:

• Members

Well, Brother Jim, at first I could not find the reference either, because Rosie gave a small misquote, using the word "came" instead of the word "come."  However, I DID already know that there was a verse somewhere that used some type of phrasing like she quoted.