• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

my name is Prince Lokendo, I am a baptist member ever since i was a little boy and i am based in Dzaleka refugee camp here in malawi. for many years our church has been healing many peoples souls and giving hope to the hopeless refugees from Rwanda, D.R.C Congo, Burundi and Somalis. Being the youth Representative in our church, i found it to be the most profound thing to do because i love Jesus and I believe that my life would be nothing without his intervention. It is very difficult to run youth association in our church that is why i ask for your intervention  

• Members

I would love it if you at least collaborate with youths at our church by so doing it would make them feel to be at least a part of something. for example you might plan to visit the Dzaleka refugee camp and talk to them or maybe send some missionaries to visit them all this would help in giving them hope hence they would move forward in their christian way of life

• Administrators

Welcome aboard, Prince.  I have read a little about the refugee camp there. It is a sad plight, for sure, for many.

What church is it that you are part of there? If you could give me some contact information, I can send it along to a pastor who is in Malawi (I don't know how close to the camp, though).

• Members

Welcome Prince.

I have met a number of refugees from those counties, when we have attended a Church in France.  They have a refugee centre near them and get most of their (small) congregation from there.  The name of the church is Eglise Baptiste Bibliqu,e.  It is in Laon, 02000, France.

My wife and I pray regularly for that church and the refugees, in particular one Family, Carine and her children Daniel, Daniella and Samuel. who we have met on a number of occasions.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
On 2/3/2018 at 7:05 PM, HappyChristian said:

Welcome aboard, Prince.  I have read a little about the refugee camp there. It is a sad plight, for sure, for many.

What church is it that you are part of there? If you could give me some contact information, I can send it along to a pastor who is in Malawi (I don't know how close to the camp, though).

Hello Happy,

I am a member of Dzaleka Baptist church here in Dzaleka refugee camp sorry for the delay in responding its all apart of the challenges that we encounter here in the community (communication problems) our pastors name is Charles Bizimana and our church is located in the central region of malawi , Dowa, in a refugee camp Dzaleka 

the post address is Dzaleka Baptist church P. O. Box 16, Dowa Malawi

you can contact me on princelokendo@gmail.com based on the concept that i tend to be the only one who regularly finds a little access to internet 

On 2/4/2018 at 2:20 AM, Invicta said:

Welcome Prince.

I have met a number of refugees from those counties, when we have attended a Church in France.  They have a refugee centre near them and get most of their (small) congregation from there.  The name of the church is Eglise Baptiste Bibliqu,e.  It is in Laon, 02000, France.

My wife and I pray regularly for that church and the refugees, in particular one Family, Carine and her children Daniel, Daniella and Samuel. who we have met on a number of occasions.

Its really an important thing to hear that most people still preserve their faith even after being ressettled, its a great sign that their are indeed rooted in their belief and that is what our church here in the refugee camp does, it helps in rooting people in faith hence making them realize the real importance of their salvation.

• Members
4 hours ago, Alan said:

Welcome to our circle of friends Lokendo. :1_grinning:

I am looking forward to knowing you, your church, and the situation in Malawi better.

Thanks a lot Alone, I at least feel at home.. when people are together who shares the same faith vision and goal no one ever feels like a stranger..

in personal my actual name is Prince (it carries a lot of meaning on its on based on my social and racial rank back when my family was still in my home country DRC Congo) and my family name is Lokendo... actually all those names don't  really matter to me as long as i have one unique name ... I am a born again christian, i feel like that the most special name than all.

I am a youth chair person at our church and in some other times i am a secretary mostly when it tends to writing things in English. 

Dzaleka refugee camp is based in a country called  Malawi, in Africa . The camp is composition of people from various parts of Africa including those from D.R. Congo, Rwanda, Burundi and some Malawians community members in general. This church is among churches that fostered peace and cooperation among refugees from these nations as they were finding difficulties to coexist with each other. Though neglected by most local churches but to my experience this has been one of the churches that helps in giving people hope and something to believe in the refugee camp. Speaking of the situation in Malawi, the country itself is strangling now you can imagine how hard life is for refugees in Malawi but we Thank the Almighty God for is abundant  grace towards all refugees  because we are surviving by the grace of God.