• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

PastorMatt

Calvinism or Arminianism? How do you answer?

On 2/2/2018 at 7:28 PM, PastorMatt said:

This is a question I get asked ALL the time when knocking on doors...... My current answer is I'm a Biblicist in which they usually say that was not one of the answers, and I say they did not give me enough choices. Then we get into the Bible.

My question is how do you answer this question?

Either viewpoint is within orthodoxy, but think that 5 point calvinist viewpoint in regards to Sotierology proper fits the biblical account the best!

It's not what we think but what the Bible says. The Bible says that "God so loved the world" not some of the world. The Bible says that "God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked". The Bible says that "God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance". The Bible documents that people can hear the Gospel, be convicted, and then reject it of their own free will. And God has documented that He loves people who He knows will reject Him. I can give you more but I'm kind of busy right now.

4 hours ago, DaChaser said:

Either viewpoint is within orthodoxy, but think that 5 point calvinist viewpoint in regards to Sotierology proper fits the biblical account the best!

Calvinism and Arminianism are both heresy because they backload works into the gospel! Anyone preaching Calvinism or Arminianism is accursed and must be marked and avoided as per Romans 16:17-18! Calvinism and Arminianism can not save and will not save!!!

1 hour ago, gracelife said:

Calvinism and Arminianism are both heresy because they backload works into the gospel! Anyone preaching Calvinism or Arminianism is accursed and must be marked and avoided as per Romans 16:17-18! Calvinism and Arminianism can not save and will not save!!!

I think Arminianism more often can be a false Gospel, Calvinism not so much. Most of the Calvinists I know believe that salvation is through faith in the Gospel. BTW I do not accept Calvinism. 

On 2/3/2018 at 11:28 AM, PastorMatt said:

This is a question I get asked ALL the time when knocking on doors...... My current answer is I'm a Biblicist in which they usually say that was not one of the answers, and I say they did not give me enough choices. Then we get into the Bible.

My question is how do you answer this question?

lol It sounds like you still have Christians there in America; "Christians" anyway. We NEVER get those sort of questions whilst knocking doors here. It's so funny. Australians don't have near the amount of Christian influence. I also worked out that America has about 20-30 times the amount of IB churches in Australia. Tasmania has about 2 or 3 churches. Northern Territory has about 1. Victoria might have 10. South Australia has about 5. Most of them are in New south wales and Queensland. The other three states I cant remember but probably not more than 10. Anyway, all up we have about 250 maybe. And most of them are churches of about 30-70 people. 70 is big. 40 is very very common. And most are seperated by hundreds and thousands of km from each other. Actually, it's lonely.

13 minutes ago, LYDIA WESTERN said:

lol It sounds like you still have Christians there in America; "Christians" anyway. We NEVER get those sort of questions whilst knocking doors here. It's so funny. Australians don't have near the amount of Christian influence. I also worked out that America has about 20-30 times the amount of IB churches in Australia. Tasmania has about 2 or 3 churches. Northern Territory has about 1. Victoria might have 10. South Australia has about 5. Most of them are in New south wales and Queensland. The other three states I cant remember but probably not more than 10. Anyway, all up we have about 250 maybe. And most of them are churches of about 30-70 people. 70 is big. 40 is very very common. And most are seperated by hundreds and thousands of km from each other. Actually, it's lonely.

actually its more like 150 all up, 200 max. I cant figure out how to edit a post ive already posted?

16 hours ago, gracelife said:

Both of them affirm the gospel , so neither would be heresy, but do think Calvinism understands the process from the scriptures best on just how God saved lost sinners!

15 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

I think Arminianism more often can be a false Gospel, Calvinism not so much. Most of the Calvinists I know believe that salvation is through faith in the Gospel. BTW I do not accept Calvinism. 

I kn ow of no calvinist/reformed that would deny the theology of pauline Justification!