• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Calvinism or Arminianism? How do you answer?

• Members
On 2/3/2018 at 11:28 AM, PastorMatt said:

This is a question I get asked ALL the time when knocking on doors...... My current answer is I'm a Biblicist in which they usually say that was not one of the answers, and I say they did not give me enough choices. Then we get into the Bible.

My question is how do you answer this question?

lol It sounds like you still have Christians there in America; "Christians" anyway. We NEVER get those sort of questions whilst knocking doors here. It's so funny. Australians don't have near the amount of Christian influence. I also worked out that America has about 20-30 times the amount of IB churches in Australia. Tasmania has about 2 or 3 churches. Northern Territory has about 1. Victoria might have 10. South Australia has about 5. Most of them are in New south wales and Queensland. The other three states I cant remember but probably not more than 10. Anyway, all up we have about 250 maybe. And most of them are churches of about 30-70 people. 70 is big. 40 is very very common. And most are seperated by hundreds and thousands of km from each other. Actually, it's lonely.

• Members
13 minutes ago, LYDIA WESTERN said:

lol It sounds like you still have Christians there in America; "Christians" anyway. We NEVER get those sort of questions whilst knocking doors here. It's so funny. Australians don't have near the amount of Christian influence. I also worked out that America has about 20-30 times the amount of IB churches in Australia. Tasmania has about 2 or 3 churches. Northern Territory has about 1. Victoria might have 10. South Australia has about 5. Most of them are in New south wales and Queensland. The other three states I cant remember but probably not more than 10. Anyway, all up we have about 250 maybe. And most of them are churches of about 30-70 people. 70 is big. 40 is very very common. And most are seperated by hundreds and thousands of km from each other. Actually, it's lonely.

actually its more like 150 all up, 200 max. I cant figure out how to edit a post ive already posted?

• Members
16 hours ago, gracelife said:

Calvinism and Arminianism are both heresy because they backload works into the gospel! Anyone preaching Calvinism or Arminianism is accursed and must be marked and avoided as per Romans 16:17-18! Calvinism and Arminianism can not save and will not save!!!

Both of them affirm the gospel , so neither would be heresy, but do think Calvinism understands the process from the scriptures best on just how God saved lost sinners!

15 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

I think Arminianism more often can be a false Gospel, Calvinism not so much. Most of the Calvinists I know believe that salvation is through faith in the Gospel. BTW I do not accept Calvinism. 

I kn ow of no calvinist/reformed that would deny the theology of pauline Justification!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 6/13/2020 at 1:59 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

I was predestined to believe in free will. 

If a person gets saved, he then becomes one of those predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ. But before that same man believes on Jesus and gets saved, he's not predestined to anything: He's on his way to Hell.

24 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

If a person gets saved, he then becomes one of those predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ. But before that same man believes on Jesus and gets saved, he's not predestined to anything: He's on his way to Hell.

I know Calvinist's who would argue that the unsaved were predestined for hell from before the world was formed. 

• Members

Predestination has nothing to do with God predetermining who goes to heaven or who goes to hell! It has nothing to do with salvation at all! It is about believers being predestined for adoption, for an inheritance, and to be conformed into the image of Christ. All future events. Calvinism is heresy and must be rejected!!!

• Members
17 hours ago, SureWord said:

A question I always had about Calvinism is what about babies who die? If we are predestined does that mean there are babies in hell? Or do only predestined babies die as I had one Calivinist suggest?

My wife and I had two still-born daughters and I know they are in heaven! Calvinism is pure evil!!! It is from the pit of hell!!!