• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hi from Oz.

• Members

Hi all,

I`m from the land of Oz, (Australia) and look forward to getting to know you and share what we know of our precious Lord and His purposes. I was a school teacher and now live on a farm with my husband, although semi-retired, there is always something to do.

I found this site through a link from another forum and thought some of the discussions looked interesting.

God bless, Marilyn.

• Members

You learn something new all the time. I did not know that Australia was referred to as 'Oz.' Thanks! :1_grinning:

Glad to have you on the forum. Hope we can be a blessing to you and our discussions will be fruitful in our walk with the Lord.

God bless.

Alan

• Members
2 hours ago, Alan said:

You learn something new all the time. I did not know that Australia was referred to as 'Oz.' Thanks! :1_grinning:

Glad to have you on the forum. Hope we can be a blessing to you and our discussions will be fruitful in our walk with the Lord.

God bless.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Now actually Oz is really Aussie, short for Australia, and probably from the way we dra....wl our words. Au....str...aaaa...lia. And I have read some of your (you) discussions and I`m sure we`ll have some interesting ones.

regards, Marilyn.

56 minutes ago, BroMatt said:

Welcome to OB.

Thanks BroMatt.

all the best and see you around.

Marilyn.

13 minutes ago, DaveW said:

Welcome!

What part of Oz?

I am from the best part, but unfortunately not the best part of the best part - I am in suburbia........

Hi Dave,

Mmm the best part. Well the west think they are or a separate `nation,` (lol) and then there is Queensland with the lovely weather, so I`ll guess that is where you are,  probably Sydney(?). Oops, Sydney is in NSW, ay. We`re from Victoria near the great Murray River. Used to live on there in a house boat in my younger hippie days.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Members

My location is under my pic on the panel - West Oz - the bestest place on earth.

I would love to be country, but the Lord has me placed firmly in suburbia (albeit within easy reach of the bush!)

I don't particularly like Melbourne, but Vic country is wonderful.

Spent a week in Bright one time, and nearly moved there.

And I would love to houseboat - closest I will ever get is to hire one when I can save up a small fortune.........:laugh:

• Members

Hi Davy,

Thanks for  sharing. So much for me reading your profile. Of course Western Australia. Hubby and I hope to caravan up the centre and down the West to Perth later in the year. Looking forward to it.

regards Marilyn.

4 hours ago, Rosie said:

Welcome Marilyn

Hi Rosie,

What a lovely name. My middle name is actually Rose, so we have something in common. Hope to see you around and chat.

all the best, Marilyn.