• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Thanks for hosting this!

• Members

I was raised in an SBC church in the 1960's -70's, but quickly drifted far afield.  Several years ago I became interested in Reformed Theology as an intellectual exercise.  I thought I was humoring my wife recently when she suggested we attend church.  The sermon was perfectly timed, and I was absolutely convicted!  Starting my journey with Christ at age 64.

• Administrators

You talked about being raised n a SBC church and drifting from it. You also talk about starting your journey with Christ at age 64.  But you do not say anything about being saved.

Normally new forum members go to the Introduce Yourself Forum and give a brief testimony of their salvation.

• Members

I had no spiritual beliefs at all until I was about 40.  Then I identified myself as a "Christian" because I was neither Jew nor Muslim, Hindu nor Buddhist.  I have a degree in Biblical Archaeology, but many BA's are agnostics, at best.  It was a sermon on the Prodigal Son (Luke 15) that made me realize that I was a combination of both the younger and the older son.  In my older son mode, I didn't think I had to be "saved".  I could not understand what I had done to require saving.  The minister, Bryant Wright, framed this so perfectly that I could not deny that I had placed myself before everyone, most importantly God.  Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, and I thank God that moment came before it was too late.

• Members
55 minutes ago, Luke 15:11 said:

I had no spiritual beliefs at all until I was about 40.  Then I identified myself as a "Christian" because I was neither Jew nor Muslim, Hindu nor Buddhist.  I have a degree in Biblical Archaeology, but many BA's are agnostics, at best.  It was a sermon on the Prodigal Son (Luke 15) that made me realize that I was a combination of both the younger and the older son.  In my older son mode, I didn't think I had to be "saved".  I could not understand what I had done to require saving.  The minister, Bryant Wright, framed this so perfectly that I could not deny that I had placed myself before everyone, most importantly God.  Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, and I thank God that moment came before it was too late.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you are blessed by your interaction on here, as well as edified, educated and even a little entertained!  :3_grin:

Edited by weary warrior