• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My mother and brother's need for Salvation

• Members

My mother is 81 years old, and although she would say things as, "I wish I could just die now and go to Heaven." This is because her overall health is declining, and she's in physical pain almost 24/7. Her doctor prescribed her some anti-anxiety medication to help fall asleep at bedtime. That is the only reprieve when she has any relief from chronic pain and anxiety. It breaks my heart that everytime I visit her, she looks more emaciated than the last visit. She believes in God, but she doesn't realize that just intellectual assent won't save her. Please pray that God will help her to understand the message of the Gospel, and Salvation by Grace through Faith in the finished work of Christ on the Cross. I guess the hardest part is to get her to admit that she's a sinner in need of forgiveness, and that Jesus is the only way to get to Heaven.

Then there is my brother (Andrew). He finds it hard to believe that someone who calls upon the name of the Lord at the last minute can still be saved. He also thinks that he is a saint and deserves to go to Heaven, not realizing that we are not saved by our works. His wife tries to brainwash him into believing that the Gospel is NOT the good news, she also believes that the Bible is sexist. Please pray for the both of them.