• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Annual Rant about Santa Clause

• Members

It's been a few years, but this was an annual topic that I thought I would throw out there. I am amazed at how many "Christian" parents lie to their children. This Christmas, my wife and I saw post after post from friends about what their children got from Santa. I am so proud of my 8 year old daughter who stood up to her friends who were trying to convince her that Santa was real.

Parents - You are lying to your children about Santa, Easter Bunny and tooth fairies. No other way to say it.

• Members
50 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

My take on it was that when kids learn that was a lie, they might think Jesus was too. So we didn't do Santa Claus

Already enough people in the world who class Jesus Christ and God as "Fairly tales like Santa and the Easter bunny".

Our kids were always taught that Santa was not real - but they were also taught not to offend other kids who were lied to. It is not their job to correct that misteaching.