• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

• Similar Content

• By Alan
      Johann Sebastian Bach, 1685-1750, was a composer who used his talents for the glory of God in music.
      Bach said, "The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul."
      "O Sacred Head, Now Wounded" Lyrics included
      by Bach

The classical music by Bach does glorify God and is able to refresh the soul.
      Alan
    • By Brian Smedley
      Hi, my name is Brian Smedley and I want to say without Christ I am nothing . Through the Lord Jesus Christ do I have righteousness, not my righteousness, but his. I am presented to God through Jesus blood that flowed at Calvary for my sins and all of mankind's. John 3:16. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth  on him would not perish, but have everlasting life. 

• By DougA
      OK so here's the problem,  I have an issue talking to people in my church about my believes because of persecution. I was born and raised Southern Baptist and that is what I am today but for 10 years in between now and then I was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. I did several studies throughout my time there and before a joined on verses in the Bible that link to their beliefs. Everyone that I know in the Baptist Church has said that Jesus was pre-ordained to save us from our sins but no one wants to take knowledge that He was there before the world was formed. Also the fact that Genesis states there was more than one dirty speaking in the garden to Adam and Eve. It states Man has now become like us. We shall make man in our image. Who is God talking to if Jesus wasn't born yet? The Bible if you look up the names of Jesus in Hebrew states that Jesus was the one who Moses spoke to on mount  sinai.  And if God is the same yesterday today and forever and he spoke to several prophets of the Old Testament when they were children why would he not speak to a seven-year-old boy in this day and age who asked for guidance? There are several other key references in the book of Mormon that can be traced back to the Bible. How can an uneducated boy write a powerful 500 page book that moved enough hearts to make people leave their homes around the world and move to Utah by foot at the risk of death and starvation? Jesus even said in the New Testament when the disciples didn't know what to name the primitive church He told them to name it after Him because if it's named after a man then it's a mans church. If it's named after Jesus the son of God it's His church and His doctrine which all Christian's should follow. How exactly is it wrong. Please can someone who is a minister and actually educated in the true ways of the LDS church and not just listened to a few sermons telling how it's wrong but actually went to the horses mouth and prayed tell me what I should do.