• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT THE QUEEN GIVES HER STAFF FOR CHRISTMAS

Invicta

• Members

YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT THE QUEEN GIVES HER STAFF FOR CHRISTMAS

Dec 25, 2017

Hint: it's edible.

The concept that the best gifts are edible ones is a popular one. In fact, it’s one even embraced by the Monarchy.

Every year Queen Elizabeth II gives each one of her 1500 staff members a Christmas gift. Just what exactly? A Christmas pudding. The traditional alcohol-laden dessert is a favourite in the UK and the Queen herself has a reported soft spot for it.

And while the edible gift may be a traditional present around yuletide, just where the pudding is purchased from may surprise you. In a display of an increasingly budget-conscious climate, it’s believed that the monarch has  recently switched from luxury retailers to the popular chain of Tesco.

While originally procured from luxury retailers Harrods or Fortnum & Mason, it’s believed that the Queen now collects all 1500 cakes from Tesco. She is said to be particularly fond of the Tesco Finest 12-Month Matured Christmas Pudding. And its easy to see why – a small Christmas pudding from Tesco costs around $AUD5, compared to the $15 pudding of the same size from Fortnum & Mason.

It is the thought that counts after all…

Edited by Invicta

• Members

I can just see her trotting round Tesco with her trolley [en] cart [us] [caddie or chariot [fr]  I don't know what they call it in oz.

The only well known person I have met in Tesco was about  years 30 or so years ago when I was at the fish counter on Christmas eve.  I was buying a salmon and waiting for it to be filleted and a voice behind me said "How much are you paying for that salmon"  I thought  "I know that voice!"      I told him and he bought a mackerel.   It was Bob Geldof.   Perhaps he couldn't afford a salmon.

Edited by Invicta