• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Merry Christmas!

Alan

• Administrators

We had a really good couple of weeks. Sadly, my son leaves tomorrow. He will be heading over to the Seattle side for the night, and my brother will take him to the airport. If you think about it, I'd appreciate prayer for safe travels.  He is currently playing Risk with my hubs and our nephew, and we're about to have our last supper with him until May. We are so excited about his moving up here. 

• Members
On 12/31/2017 at 6:28 PM, Alan said:

Like a lot of families, our family enjoys giving, and receiving, Christmas cards.

The  Lord has blessed us with many fine Christmas cards from our friends, family, churches and some saints we have met but once in a church. I would like to share one of them to my friends on OnLine Baptist who I have never met (and to some that I have met).

5a499c01f19ba_ChristmasCard.thumb.JPG.a6706ac3d9b1557edec7412cad5b0089.JPG

Whoever has a Christmas card that you would like to share with your friends here on OnLine Baptist; please do so.

Alan, where did you get that Christmas card from? I have never seen Christmas cards where Jesus really is the reason for the season. I would keep that as a memorabilia if I had or received a Christmas card like the one you displayed.

• Members

Daniel,

I appreciate your thoughts. We have kept that Christmas Card as a memorabilia.

As a missionary, we receive Christmas cards from numerous supporting churches. One of our supporting churches in Illinois sent us that Christmas card in December 2010 (over seven years ago). The Lord has given us some very fine churches that support us and has given us a close relationship with them. To most of these churches, Christmas is a time to rejoice in the coming of the Lord Jesus into the world and a time of sincere giving to others.

We have not only kept the above Christmas card as a memorabilia; at our house, we have several boxes of old Christmas cards that we especially hold dear to our hearts that our supporting churches, personal friends, and family members, have sent to us. Every once in a while, my wife or I, will open up one of the boxes and just re-read the messages and ponder the scripture verses and pictures.

God bless!

Alan