• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Labor Day

Guest Guest
I go to an old fashion campmeeting under an open tabernacle in N.C. every year on labor day week. 3 meals/ day served' date=' morning and evening services (about 9-12 and about 6-9), plenty of singing, about 25-30 messages. No designated main speakers, ALL preachers called from the floor. No "professional" singers, all singers called from the floor. Been going 12 years and is one of the few like it left in this country. No "preacher fighting" tolerated, but expose sin and hope it hair-lips the Devil!![u']Reprove, rebuke,exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine

This sounds like my kind of fun. :amen: :wave:

• Members
I'd like it 55-65 year round' date=' but that won't happen. I've been in -30 and in 112, you can always dress for cold (you may not be able to move very well, but you can still manage to function) but you can't do anything in extreme heat except suffer.[/quote']

:amen: That's the truth!

I love Autumn, especially the portion of autumn where the weather is right between low summer heat and the first cold of winter. Where it might be a comfortable 70 during the day and a pleasant 50 at night. :smile

As for Labor Day, most often it's very hot and humid on that day and everything we do we sweat as we do it.