• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Labor Day

• Members

Labor Day is coming shortly! Is anyone out there looking forward to the return of autumn with its mild days and cool nights? Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "To every thing there is a season, and time to every purpose under the heaven:"

My favorite season is autumn, a cross between spring and winter! Thank the Lord for autumn!

• Moderators

I go to an old fashion campmeeting under an open tabernacle in N.C. every year on labor day week. 3 meals/ day served, morning and evening services (about 9-12 and about 6-9), plenty of singing, about 25-30 messages. No designated main speakers, ALL preachers called from the floor. No "professional" singers, all singers called from the floor. Been going 12 years and is one of the few like it left in this country. No "preacher fighting" tolerated, but expose sin and hope it hair-lips the Devil!!Reprove, rebuke,exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine

• Members
Labor Day is coming shortly! Is anyone out there looking forward to the return of autumn with its mild days and cool nights? Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "To every thing there is a season, and time to every purpose under the heaven:"

My favorite season is autumn, a cross between spring and winter! Thank the Lord for autumn!

nope, not me! I for one would enjoy summer all year long. Summer is my favorite season, followed by spring, then fall. Me and cold have never seen eye to eye. LOL

I have to practice self control or else I would really pitch a fit all winter. I just really can't stand being cold!

Guest Guest

Yes. :thumb Fall (Autumn) is my favorite time of the year. I love the cooler weather, bonfires with church members, high school sporting events, going to my in-law's cabin. We also plan on renting an RV to do some traveling. I love to sight see.

I really don't care much for summer in Ohio because of the humidity. Also, even though my hubby's business is much better in the summer...it gets choatic for him. The Fall gives him a bit of a break. Fall is beautiful here in Ohio. :smile The change in the color of the leaves is an awesome site to see, IMO.

Guest Guest
Yes. :thumb Fall (Autumn) is my favorite time of the year. I love the cooler weather, bonfires with church members, high school sporting events, going to my in-law's cabin. We also plan on renting an RV to do some traveling. I love to sight see.

I really don't care much for summer in Ohio because of the humidity. Also, even though my hubby's business is much better in the summer...it gets choatic for him. The Fall gives him a bit of a break. Fall is beautiful here in Ohio. :smile The change in the color of the leaves is an awesome site to see, IMO.

Yeah, fall is awesome... but then we've got that dreadful winter here. (or at least that's what everyone keeps telling me... I was here in December for a couple weeks and it wasn't too bad)

I like colder weather... it's easier to get warm than it is to cool off (especially since we want to be modest!). Fall is nice though, cuz it's usually cool enough to wear long-sleeved shirts, but it's not freezing cold.

• Administrators

I'm not looking forward to the cold weather this year. I am however looking forward to seeing God provide the extra thousands of dollars this year to fill my oil tank for the winter months. What will He come up with this time?

I do love the fall in New England. :thumb

Guest Guest
I like colder weather... it's easier to get warm than it is to cool off (especially since we want to be modest!). Fall is nice though' date=' cuz it's usually cool enough to wear long-sleeved shirts, but it's not freezing cold.[/quote']

I feel the same way about the cold weather, KJB_Princess. Your "modesty" issue is an excellent point, as well.

Also, Ohio winters do get crazy...but, not like some other areas of the country. We get a reprieve every now and then. :thumb

• Members

I love the fall. It's cool enough to be comfortable, but the water stays warm enough to swim in almost up until Thanksgiving. To look down across the valley and see the leaves and their brilliant colors. I love raking leaves and, with a house in the middle of the woods, there are plenty of leaves to rake. Somebody else mentioned bonfires. We do that, too. Fishing and crabbing in the fall is excellent.

Guest Guest
I am however looking forward to seeing God provide the extra thousands of dollars this year to fill my oil tank for the winter months. What will He come up with this time?

Well, all I know is that God always takes care of His kids. :pray 1 Corinthians 10:13...There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. KJV. Can we apply soaring gas prices to this scripture, Bro. Matt? :lol

Guest Guest

We can always count on our Saviour for any and all things in life. :clap: Luke 18:27...And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. KJV.

• Members

Give me spring & fall, leave out summer & winter.

Just kidding on leaving out summer & winter, we need all the seasons, God did not make any mistakes, I just enjoy spring & fall the most.

As I get older it seems that both hot and cold weather bothers my body more than it did in my younger days.

But that said, its getting quite expensive to keep our houses warm in the winter and cool & in the summer.

• Moderators

I'd like it 55-65 year round, but that won't happen. I've been in -30 and in 112, you can always dress for cold (you may not be able to move very well, but you can still manage to function) but you can't do anything in extreme heat except suffer.