• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Eternal Security vs O.S.A.S

*Light*

• Members

There is an 800 page book by author Dan Corner, it supposedly has all the bible info on how and why you can lose your salvation. He cannot differentiate between Eternal Security and OSAS. OSAS is a license for immorality as he correctly mentions in his book, and at the same time says that Eternal Security and OSAS are one and the same with regards to a license for immorality. He explains why Eternal Security is dangerous and a damnable heresy because folks would say, "I can sin all Iwant, I am saved and can't lose it no matter how I live my life." This could not be further from the truth. It is written: "...and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified." This is a promise that God will first justify us, then sanctify us (being conformed to the image of Christ) during our lifetime, and be completed upon Glorification. These are the three phases of Salvation. Once we are justified, our sanctification process begins until the day of Glorification. But we are justified ("saved") at the moment we put our Trust in Jesus as our Savior and Lord. Jesus said in John 5:24, "...He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, HATH everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." The word "hath" is a present tense possession, which means that we are saved at that very moment, and will never be condemned. The Grace of God does not lead to a license to sin, or a get out of hell free pass (Rom.6:1,2; Tit. 2:11,12). Titus 2:11,12 tells us that the Grace of God leads to holiness, not the other way around. It is written: "For the GRACE of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, TEACHING US that, DENYING UNGODLINESS and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world." Dan Corner's book even says to promote his book, "THIS IS AN 800 page whopper!!!" He meant that the book he wrote is HUGE in volume. I took the word "whopper" to mean a LIE. Ironic, isn't it? Another problem he has is not realizing how the New Covenant says that God will put His law in their "inward parts" (Jer.31:33) or their hearts, and not on stone tablets. This is an implication that God's righteousness will dwell within you and will not depart from it. If you're living in habitual sin, then most likely you are not saved at all. Paul commands us to examine yourselves to see whether you are truly saved, unless you are a reprobate (counterfeit Christians) (2 Cor.13:5). Examine your life and your fruits. Genuine Christians can "backslide", but they cannot "frontslide". True believers will go through a process of sanctification during their lifetime. If they're sinning habitually and their moral status has gone from worse to worse, then I would say to that person that he/she is more than likely NOT saved at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Eternal security IS the same as Once saved, always saved.

You are teaching a works-based false doctrine. Salvation is NOT a "process", it is an occurrence which happens the moment you BELIEVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

It is a GIFT, given by the grace (because we do not deserve it) of God, paid for by the Blood of Jesus Christ, received the moment you BELIEVE, and once you receive it you will KNOW that you have just passed from death unto life everlasting, and once you receive it you CANNOT lose it.

Salvation absolutely means we are saved from Hell. Committing a sin after salvation does NOT mean one "loses" their salvation. Jesus PAID for ALL sins committed on this earth...past, present AND future.

Backsliding does NOT mean you lose your salvation. If you really think you can lose your salvation, then it's probably because you   Were not saved to begin with.

• Members
10 hours ago, BabeinChrist said:

Eternal security IS the same as Once saved, always saved.

You are teaching a works-based false doctrine. Salvation is NOT a "process", it is an occurrence which happens the moment you BELIEVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

It is a GIFT, given by the grace (because we do not deserve it) of God, paid for by the Blood of Jesus Christ, received the moment you BELIEVE, and once you receive it you will KNOW that you have just passed from death unto life everlasting, and once you receive it you CANNOT lose it.

Salvation absolutely means we are saved from Hell. Committing a sin after salvation does NOT mean one "loses" their salvation. Jesus PAID for ALL sins committed on this earth...past, present AND future.

Backsliding does NOT mean you lose your salvation. If you really think you can lose your salvation, then it's probably because you   Were not saved to begin with.

Once saved always saved is NOT the same as Eternal Security. OSAS  teached that we can sin all we want and still be saved. And yes, that type of professing Christian was never saved to begin with. You've completely taken my words out of context. Re-read the above, because I quoted John 5:24, and even mentioned that we are saved at that moment we believe. It is a PRESENT tense possession. And nowhere in my post suggests that we can "lose" our salvation. And to accuse me of teaching a false doctrine shows that you have not thouroughly read my post.  Neither did I say that backsliding equates to losing your Salvation, and I made it crystal clear. As anyone who read my post can clearly see that you have misconstrued my belief in Eternal Security. Show me where in my post where I said that we can lose our salvation. You won't find it. You are preaching to the choir. See above. We are saved the moment we believe, but there is a "process" of growing in Christ and being conformed to His image once we ARE saved. It is justification, sanctification, and glorification. This is NOT a works based salvation. It is a process to where we are being "conformed " to the image of Christ. Almost every word you wrote is an misinterpretation of what I explained in this thread. Now show me where I said that we can lose our salvation. And show me where I said that salvation is a process. You won't find it anywhere in my post. I am stunned at your accusations of me teaching a false doctrine. I can guarantee that the majority of the OB members can see how you have taken my words completely out of context. You can quote me and show where I made erroneous assumptions regarding losing ones salvation, and quote me where I said that salvation is a process. You will not find it.

Edited by (Omega)
Grammar

• Members

So you do not believe that once you are saved you will always be saved? 

Once you receive the FREE GIFT of salvation that comes from BELIEVING the Gospel of Jesus Christ you are saved. OSAS simply means Once you are saved you WILL ALWAYS be saved; and that IS the eternal security of the believer. 

Even when a believer sins AFTER being saved, YES—-the believer IS STILL saved. 

ANY saved person can tell you that because EVERY saved person has committed sin after being saved, yet they still KNOW they are saved.

• Members

I'm only going to say this once more because time is too valuable if you're just going to ask the same question over and over again and misconprehend what I've posted in my initial post. Eternal Security teaches that once you are TRULY saved, and a blood bought child of God, you cannot LOSE your Salvation. There are minute variations between Eternal Security and OSAS. And as small the differences are, it only takes a drop of deadly toxin to make someone take a dirt nap. I would advise you to do some research. OSAS teaches that once you are saved, you will always remain saved regardless of how you live your life. That is not what the Word of God teaches. It is a get out of hell free pass, or so the proponents of this false doctrine believes, and it comes straight from the pits of hell. Paul said that we should NOT go on sinning once were saved so that Grace may abound (Rom.6:1). Anyone who do so without repentance show their fruits, and they are rotten and spoiled, and the tree dies and withers away. Eternal Security is found in many passages in the bible (e.g., Jn.3:16; 10:27; Rom.5:1; 8:30-39; 11:29; Eph.1:13,14; 4:30; Heb.7:25; 13:5; 1 Pet.1:5; 1 Jn.3:9; 5:4...and many more), but NONE of them teach that once you are saved, you can sin like the devil and still be saved. Such bible teachers as Charles Stanley teaches that you remain saved, even if you STOP BELIEVING. This is a dangerous doctrine and will send many to the Lake of Fire. An unbeliever's lot is in the Lake of Fire (cf. Rev.21:8; Jn.3:18). And yes, these professing, counterfeit "Christians" were never saved to begin with.

• Administrators

Here is an article by Dr. Henry Ironside that outlines truth of The Eternal Security of  the believer. He puts this together in a scriptural and easy to read manner. Henry Ironside was a well respected and sought after preacher from the last century.

I am attaching the article to this post. It is my hope that providing this will clear up some misconceptions and bring out the glorious truth that our God is able to provide a salvation that cannot be lost or taken away once it is given.

ETERNAL SECURITY.doc

• Members
18 hours ago, (Omega) said:

I'm only going to say this once more because time is too valuable if you're just going to ask the same question over and over again and misconprehend what I've posted in my initial post. Eternal Security teaches that once you are TRULY saved, and a blood bought child of God, you cannot LOSE your Salvation. There are minute variations between Eternal Security and OSAS. And as small the differences are, it only takes a drop of deadly toxin to make someone take a dirt nap. I would advise you to do some research. OSAS teaches that once you are saved, you will always remain saved regardless of how you live your life. That is not what the Word of God teaches. It is a get out of hell free pass, or so the proponents of this false doctrine believes, and it comes straight from the pits of hell. Paul said that we should NOT go on sinning once were saved so that Grace may abound (Rom.6:1). Anyone who do so without repentance show their fruits, and they are rotten and spoiled, and the tree dies and withers away. Eternal Security is found in many passages in the bible (e.g., Jn.3:16; 10:27; Rom.5:1; 8:30-39; 11:29; Eph.1:13,14; 4:30; Heb.7:25; 13:5; 1 Pet.1:5; 1 Jn.3:9; 5:4...and many more), but NONE of them teach that once you are saved, you can sin like the devil and still be saved. Such bible teachers as Charles Stanley teaches that you remain saved, even if you STOP BELIEVING. This is a dangerous doctrine and will send many to the Lake of Fire. An unbeliever's lot is in the Lake of Fire (cf. Rev.21:8; Jn.3:18). And yes, these professing, counterfeit "Christians" were never saved to begin with.

I certainly am not trying to waste your time, I merely wish to clarify what it means to believe OSAS, because we seem to have very different understandings of what it means & I am attempting to perceive your perspective on the subject.

Firstly, I want to ask you: Are you 100% CERTAIN that if you died today you would go to Heaven/Are YOU saved? 

OSAS simply teaches that once you are saved you cannot lose your salvation; your eternity is secure---yes--REGARDLESS of how you live your life. But does that mean I am saying once we are saved, that we SHOULD sin without a care & turn grace into lasciviousness? God Forbid. 

I can't think of a single saved person who would suggest such a thing or say, "Hey, no worries! You're saved...now you are free to go out and REALLY sin it up & transgress God to your heart's delight!" ......No saved person would encourage sin, because when you are saved you are born-again, indwelled with the Holy Spirit  which causes you to hate sin, not embrace it. And from what I gather, you seem to equate that when someone claims that, once you are saved, you are always saved(cannot lose salvation) it is like granting the person who is saved a license to sin, so to speak.

But that isn't what OSAS means.

Also, getting out of Hell IS FREE, at least, for us. It is a FREE GIFT. It doesn't cost us ANYTHING, because JESUS CHRIST is the one who paid for the gift. HE already did all the work to buy the gift for us & purchase our souls from the Hell we deserve.

Once you believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you  receive the gift of salvation He purchased for you with His own blood. The instant you receive it you KNOW you just received salvation & that you are, from that point forward, SAVED.

The very word "Saved" is past tense, because once you get saved, it's a done deal. 

The Holy Spirit testifies to your spirit that you are, indeed, saved, and that NEVER goes away. Not even when you sin (you should still resist sin with all your might ).

Not sure about Charles Stanley, as I'm not a big fan of TV preachers,(most are heretics), but I am not sure if he's saved. If he was saved he wouldn't have said something like that because when you genuinely believe on Jesus Christ, you KNOW it's true; you won't arbitrarily STOP believing the truth once you really believe. I don't think I could "stop" believing on Christ even if I tried.

When you are saved, God KNOWS you, and you KNOW Him. He holds you in His Hand, which is stronger than any other hand. Even if you tried to let  go of His Hand, He is still holding on to yours & won't let you perish, and nobody is strong enough to pull you from His Hand.

"My sheep hear my voice and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one.".....John 10:27-30

• Members
8 hours ago, BabeinChrist said:

I certainly am not trying to waste your time, I merely wish to clarify what it means to believe OSAS, because we seem to have very different understandings of what it means & I am attempting to perceive your perspective on the subject.

https://carm.org/what-is-the-difference-between-eternal-security-once-saved-always-saved-and-perseverance-of-the-saints

Firstly, I want to ask you: Are you 100% CERTAIN that if you died today you would go to Heaven/Are YOU saved? 

Absolutely!

OSAS simply teaches that once you are saved you cannot lose your salvation; your eternity is secure---yes--REGARDLESS of how you live your life. But does that mean I am saying once we are saved, that we SHOULD sin without a care & turn grace into lasciviousness? God Forbid. 

Incorrect. If you're living your life in habitual sin (adultery, fornication, theft, murder,etc.) then you are most likely never saved to begin with.

I can't think of a single saved person who would suggest such a thing or say, "Hey, no worries! You're saved...now you are free to go out and REALLY sin it up & transgress God to your heart's delight!" ......No saved person would encourage sin, because when you are saved you are born-again, indwelled with the Holy Spirit  which causes you to hate sin, not embrace it. And from what I gather, you seem to equate that when someone claims that, once you are saved, you are always saved(cannot lose salvation) it is like granting the person who is saved a license to sin, so to speak.

https://carm.org/what-is-the-difference-between-eternal-security-once-saved-always-saved-and-perseverance-of-the-saints

Also, getting out of Hell IS FREE, at least, for us. It is a FREE GIFT. It doesn't cost us ANYTHING, because JESUS CHRIST is the one who paid for the gift. HE already did all the work to buy the gift for us & purchase our souls from the Hell we deserve.

Absolutely!

The very word "Saved" is past tense, because once you get saved, it's a done deal. 

Yes, I know. It is also in the present tense too. See John 5:24

The Holy Spirit testifies to your spirit that you are, indeed, saved, and that NEVER goes away. Not even when you sin (you should still resist sin with all your might ).

Absolutely!

Not sure about Charles Stanley, as I'm not a big fan of TV preachers,(most are heretics), but I am not sure if he's saved. If he was saved he wouldn't have said something like that because when you genuinely believe on Jesus Christ, you KNOW it's true; you won't arbitrarily STOP believing the truth once you really believe. I don't think I could "stop" believing on Christ even if I tried.

I don't know Charles Stanley personally. But that's what he said and I will let God be the judge.

9 hours ago, BabeinChrist said:

When you are saved, God KNOWS you, and you KNOW Him. He holds you in His Hand, which is stronger than any other hand. Even if you tried to let  go of His Hand, He is still holding on to yours & won't let you perish, and nobody is strong enough to pull you from His Hand.

"My sheep hear my voice and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one.".....John 10:27-30

I base my whole life on Eternal Security. I have studied this doctrine for over 30 years and believe in it wholeheartedly. As a matter of fact, I did a dissertation of it right here on Online Baptist. But I can't seem to find it. BroMatt must have archived it somewhere.

God Bless,

Daniel

• Members
On 11/27/2017 at 10:24 AM, (Omega) said:

Jesus said in John 5:24, "...He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, HATH everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." The word "hath" is a present tense possession, which means that we are saved at that very moment, and will never be condemned

The Grace of God does not lead to a license to sin, or a get out of hell free pass (Rom.6:1,2; Tit. 2:11,12). Titus 2:11,12 tells us that the Grace of God leads to holiness, not the other way around. It is written: "For the GRACE of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, TEACHING US that, DENYING UNGODLINESS and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world."

If you're living in habitual sin, then most likely you are not saved at all. Paul commands us to examine yourselves to see whether you are truly saved, unless you are a reprobate (counterfeit Christians) (2 Cor.13:5). Examine your life and your fruits. Genuine Christians can "backslide", but they cannot "frontslide". True believers will go through a process of sanctification during their lifetime. If they're sinning habitually and their moral status has gone from worse to worse, then I would say to that person that he/she is more than likely NOT saved at all.

Edited by (Omega)

• Members

The main verse on Eternal Security in which most bible teacher use is found here:

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. (John 10:27-29)

If you're living in habitual sin and claiming to be saved, then you are most likely NOT saved. Why? Jesus said that His sheep not only HEARS His voice, but they FOLLOW Him. Those are the characteristics of HIS sheep. Living in habitual sin and claiming to be Christian, and yet not FOLLOWING him proves that you are NOT His sheep. 

• Members
10 hours ago, BabeinChrist said:

I just want to make mention that me, a friend of mine, and some associates have died. I know this sounds bizarre, but it is true. I went into full cardiac arrest and was pronounced clinically "dead". I saw my own body and was escorted by luminescent beings who wore golden sashes. As I progressed further into what seemed like a portal, I saw a bright light that became brighter and brighter as I progressed further. The light entirely consumed me and I felt like I was going to explode, and felt a love that I cannot describe in words. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I knew that it was the Lord God Almighty. I then entered a place where there were forests, grass, and rivers. The rivers were so pure that you can see through it like the most purest diamond. The grass and the trees were greener than here on Earth. There were also flowers that almost seemed as if they were alive. Furthermore, there was music playing that was "otherworldly", and cannot be duplicated here on Earth. It was the most beautiful music I have ever heard. I came back into my body and later had surgery done on me. I also want to make mention that I did not see the Father's House, or the New Jerusalem. I believe that we can only enter there at the finality of death.

Edited by (Omega)
The Father's House

• Members
5 hours ago, (Omega) said:

The main verse on Eternal Security in which most bible teacher use is found here:

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. (John 10:27-29)

If you're living in habitual sin and claiming to be saved, then you are most likely NOT saved. Why? Jesus said that His sheep not only HEARS His voice, but they FOLLOW Him. Those are the characteristics of HIS sheep. Living in habitual sin and claiming to be Christian, and yet not FOLLOWING him proves that you are NOT His sheep. 

This is what I'm having trouble with: the last paragraph above. You say a person isn't really saved if they are living in "habitual sin". 

That simply is NOT true. ONLY Jesus Christ was without sin. YOU ARE a sinner. I am a sinner. Salvation does NOT make you perfect whilst still dwelling in our body of flesh. Our SPIRIT is regenerated, yes, but our human flesh is sinful. Indeed, we war against our flesh.

You realize that we probably sin everyday & even sin without realizing it, right? The Bible says even the THOUGHT of foolishness is sin. Just having a foolish thought is a sin. Even though we aren't committing major sins like adultery, fornication, murder, stealing, etc.,  committing one single sin , one little lie (and we've ALL told a lie before) is all it takes to condemn a person to Hell.

ONE sin. 

So, why do you keep saying "habitual", as if that somehow makes someone MORE guilty than one single sin?

You said : "Living in habitual sin and claiming to be Christian, and yet not FOLLOWING him proves you are NOT His sheep."

Do you see how  that statement (which you have changed from original Scripture & inserted your own theories into) vaguely, yet positively, implies a works-based salvation? The original did not.

So let's examine it, because it is vague, ambiguous & can be interpreted in various ways, a couple of which I have listed below, one of the most troubling being

*When someone keeps Committing sin , (despite testifying that they BELIEVE on the Gospel of Jesus the Christ &  ALL their faith & trust is in HIS  righteousness--as they have none of their own--moving them to ask for & thereby receiving God's FREE gift of salvation & are now already saved) and are not out publicly doing Christian work, that is proof that He has NOT saved you.*     

~~~~~~OR~~~~~~~~

*As long as you do NOT sin, & follow all of God's commandments, and make sure everyone knows about it, then you have proven yourself worthy of being accepted as a Christian & proclaiming yourself His sheep.*

Whether you realize it or not, you keep trying to add works to grace for salvation. It cannot be both. It is either faith or works, and the Bible says it is by FAITH ALONE..I believe the Bible. 

i read a post of yours in another thread where you attack easy believism. 

I guess you must think it is hard getting saved. That's not what the Bible says. Believing on Christ IS easy. HE did the work. He KNEW we could NOT.  But many will not BELIEVE because they want to work their way there. They'll never make it that way.

I suppose you will think I must not be saved because I embrace OSAS & easy believism.. but I am. That's a fact. It has nothing to do with my  goodness , but rather it is the perfect goodness of Jesus, who bore my sins on the cross, and shed His innocent, precious blood in  my place & on my behalf over 2,000 years ago, then was raised bodily, proving I will also be raised up....THAT is WHY I will not endure Hell. 

I hope I see you in Heaven.

God Bless.

image.jpeg

• Members
1 hour ago, BabeinChrist said:

This is what I'm having trouble with: the last paragraph above. You say a person isn't really saved if they are living in "habitual sin".

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9)

"Doth not commit sin" is in the active tense. It suggests that sin does not dominate a believers life. If you are born of God, you are a "new creation" in Christ. Do you understand what it means by new creation? Your old man has passed away and all things have become new. Is there a difference in the lifestyle of a true blood bought child of God and a non-believer? Or do you think that their lifestyles are the same? Ever heard of a habitual liar? It means they have an inclination to lie more often than lets say, someone who lies once in a while (e.g., once a week). I don't know how much clearer I can get. I certainly hope that you are not trolling me and just wanting to debate, because it almost seems like this. I have seen this demeanor on many Christian forums.

That simply is NOT true. ONLY Jesus Christ was without sin. YOU ARE a sinner. I am a sinner. Salvation does NOT make you perfect whilst still dwelling in our body of flesh. Our SPIRIT is regenerated, yes, but our human flesh is sinful. Indeed, we war against our flesh.

Of course Jesus was without sin. That is Bible 101. Everyone sins, believers and non-believers. Nobody said that Salvation makes us perfect. The fact that you even made such a statement proves that you are not paying attention to my posts. I am concerned for your soul, because if someone is teaching a condemning false doctrine, that will result in a rude awakening when they face God. John 10:27 states:

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. If you are a Greek grammarian, then you would understand that "hear my voice", and "they follow me" are in the active tense. This means that they are constantly hearing Jesus' voice, and constantly following Him. By the way, "they shall never perish" is what is referred to as a double emphatic negative, that means that (if I can paraphrase) they will in no way, not perish. I noticed how you capitalized "YOU ARE a sinner", and wrote in lower case that "I am a sinner." I wonder why?.......

You realize that we probably sin everyday & even sin without realizing it, right? The Bible says even the THOUGHT of foolishness is sin. Just having a foolish thought is a sin. Even though we aren't committing major sins like adultery, fornication, murder, stealing, etc.,  committing one single sin , one little lie (and we've ALL told a lie before) is all it takes to condemn a person to Hell.

ONE sin. 

So, why do you keep saying "habitual", as if that somehow makes someone MORE guilty than one single sin?

You believe that people sin every day? Why would you even think in such a way? There is a poem I once read where a child asked her dad if it's possible to go a day without sinning, and her father responded by saying, "No you cannot." She then asked her dad, "Can you go an hour without sinning?", and her dad responded by saying, "I suppose it's possible." Then she told her Dad, "then I want to live my life for Jesus moment by moment." If you cannot differentiate what "habit" means, then I can no longer help you understand it, because it's transparent that a "habit" is something you practice or have a regular tendency to do something. Have you ever heard of a "habitual drunkard"? as opposed to someone who gets drunk once a year? Surely, even a child can understand this. This is why I am stunned that you cannot understand what I am saying to you, even with such clarity. Nobody said sinning less makes us less guilty. You keep putting words in my mouth that I never even said or suggested, and your behavior on this thread is not only very condemning, but accusing as well. 

You said : "Living in habitual sin and claiming to be Christian, and yet not FOLLOWING him proves you are NOT His sheep."

Do you see how  that statement (which you have changed from original Scripture & inserted your own theories into) vaguely, yet positively, implies a works-based salvation? The original did not.

So let's examine it, because it is vague, ambiguous & can be interpreted in various ways, a couple of which I have listed below, one of the most troubling being

*When someone keeps Committing sin , (despite testifying that they BELIEVE on the Gospel of Jesus the Christ &  ALL their faith & trust is in HIS  righteousness--as they have none of their own--moving them to ask for & thereby receiving God's FREE gift of salvation & are now already saved) and are not out publicly doing Christian work, that is proof that He has NOT saved you.*     

You are accusing me again. I was explaining the "context" of that passage. Did Jesus say that His sheep follow Him? Yes! Did Jesus say that His sheep hear His voice? Yes! As I said it before, the words "hear" and "follow" is in the active tense. So if you're constantly NOT hearing to His voice, and constantly NOT following Him, how then can you be His sheep if those are the "characteristics" of His sheep? This is not an insertion into the bible or my own theories, it's an expository explanation in context what Jesus is trying to relay to His hearers. One can claim that they are a Christian until they are blue in the face, but that does not make it so. Yes, it is His righteousness that is imputed to us; however, Jesus did not die on the Cross just to save us from hell, but He also died so that we may have a "newness of life." A life not dominated by sin. It is written: "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matt. 7:22,23) This is why I am concerned for your soul, because you believe that you can sin all you want and still be saved. This is a very dangerous and damnable doctrine. 

It is written:" Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (1 Cor.5:17)

It is also written:"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." The word "overcometh" is also in the active tense, suggesting that the true believer has the propensity to overcome evil and worldly desires.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:21).

If you get drunk every day and profess to be Christian, it only proves that you do not love Jesus. Now, I am not inserting anything into that text, that's what the context teaches. Also, I am not referring to not doing "works", I am referring to a persons lifestyle. 

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Cor.6:9,10

2 hours ago, BabeinChrist said:

~~~~~~OR~~~~~~~~

*As long as you do NOT sin, & follow all of God's commandments, and make sure everyone knows about it, then you have proven yourself worthy of being accepted as a Christian & proclaiming yourself His sheep.*

Whether you realize it or not, you keep trying to add works to grace for salvation. It cannot be both. It is either faith or works, and the Bible says it is by FAITH ALONE..I believe the Bible. 

i read a post of yours in another thread where you attack easy believism. 

I guess you must think it is hard getting saved. That's not what the Bible says. Believing on Christ IS easy. HE did the work. He KNEW we could NOT.  But many will not BELIEVE because they want to work their way there. They'll never make it that way.

I suppose you will think I must not be saved because I embrace OSAS & easy believism.. but I am. That's a fact. It has nothing to do with my  goodness , but rather it is the perfect goodness of Jesus, who bore my sins on the cross, and shed His innocent, precious blood in  my place & on my behalf over 2,000 years ago, then was raised bodily, proving I will also be raised up....THAT is WHY I will not endure Hell. 

I hope I see you in Heaven.

God Bless.

Once again, I never mentioned "works". You are not paying attention and putting words in my mouth again. This is the reason why I believe that you may be here just to argue with me, or trolling. I am reluctant to say that, but that's what it appears to me. Because I find it almost impossible how someone can ask the same questions over and over again, and accuse me of saying things about me in which I never said. This saddens me. And this is why I am concerned for your soul. Your word choices (e.g., "attack") suggests an accusatory manner on your part. Easy believism is a false doctrine. It teaches that you can sin like the devil and still be saved. Jesus came not only to pay the ultimate price for our sins, but to destroy the power of sin too. 

It is written: "Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

I never said that you are not saved, but your words, "I hope to see you in heaven" suggests that you think that I might not be saved. I know wholeheartedly that I am saved, and neither you, the devil, or anyone on this planet can tell me otherwise. It is the adversary who wants to make me believe that I am not saved. Obviously he failed at that. :) I don't know you personally, but from your beliefs, it gives me great concern that your soul may be in Jeopardy; but once again, I don't know you personally and what type of life that you live. I truly care about you, and I suggest that you do some more research and study on this topic because there are so many holes in your argument to the point where I find it astounding. And I certainly hope that you are not just here to "win" some sort of debate because that is not my motive, but it "seems" that way for you when I read your posts. I also noticed that you are tracking my posts. I pray that this is not the case, and I apologize if that isn't the case. I really don't know you. This will be my last post, and if you decide to respond to this, feel free to. I am here to help you understand the glorious truth of the Cross and its power to destroy a lifestyle of sin in our lives. Take care babeinchrist!

God Bless,

Daniel