• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What are you thankful for?

• Members

The American celebration of Thanksgiving is this month.  It's usually a time when we reflect on the blessings we've received, and so I thought a thread dedicated to sharing those blessings would be a good idea.

For me, after five years on the mission field I didn't have a proper oven, and now I do. And I'm so thankful for it that I did the unthinkable and signed up to cook a turkey for my church's Thanksgiving banquet! :3531a34faafcd3d5ab8749a94f57319e:

I'm also thankful for the safety God has given me while traveling. There has been two clear instances when I know God had been protecting me, and I'm sure many more I'll never know about. 

I'm thankful for my Pastor helping me find a cell phone that works even out in the middle of nowhere. 

I'm thankful that I turned the porch light on and looked out before I opened the door and stepped on the skunk. :7_sweat_smile:

• Members

The Lord has blessed my wife, my family, and me, in many, many ways. Both of the spirit and of this life.

I am thankful that the Lord saved me, gave me peace in my heart, changed my life, and gave me hope for eternity, and blessings in this life and in eternity.

I am always thankful for the watch care of the Lord over me in time of war.

I am thankful for a loving wife and companion for over 40 years.

I am thankful for a household of children who love the Lord, one another, and their parents.

I am thankful for the friends without number; both Western and Eastern.

I am thankful for the many wonderful churches that we have been honored to attend and to be a part of.

"From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD"S name is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Too many things to be thankful for. I was homeless for 10 years, living on the streets. I was very young back then. I would sleep on concrete, cardboard boxes, on the grass in parks, etc., getting drunk and getting into street fights. It was an absolute nightmare. Then the Lord delivered me off the streets through prayer and hope. I found a tract when I was homeless which cited Jeremiah 29:11-13, and it read, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." When I read that, I broke down in tears and literally felt the Love of God overwhelm me, and I knew that God had a plan for me from that moment on. My family thought I was dead because they haven't heard from me in 10 years. I was too ashamed to contact them and tell them how much of a failure I was. As I was wandering the streets one day, a man asked me, "Can I pray for you?" I said yes! He prayed for me to get off the streets and to be a testimony to others and minister to the lost. A month later, I had a job that paid quite well, and a year later, acquired a house. I bought a car, and got back together with my family, and now I am ministering to the lost. Another interesting fact is that my name is Daniel. On day I decided to go into a Christian book store to purchase a bible (one of the expensive ones that are bound with genuine calfskin leather), and the store also had these cards with biblical names on them. I found a card with the name "Daniel" on it, and do you know what verses were on the back of the card? Jeremiah 29:11-13. Coincidence? Obviously not. One day out of the blue, I prayed to God and asked to feel how much He loves us, and I felt a love for people to the point where I thought I was going to die, it absolutely consumed me. God's Love is absolutely all consuming. Revelation 4:11 states, "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." He created all things because it pleases Him that we can know Him, experience the journey of life, and Eternity in a state of absolute bliss that even the heart cannot comprehend in this world. Even if I can live for a Quadrillion years, owning everything this world has to offer, I would NEVER exchange it for my love for God, and getting to know Him personally. I feel His presence all the time as if He's there watching me. Every prayer having to do with the Will of God has been answered almost 100% of the time. Psalm 37:4 reads, "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." This is not to say that if we delight ourself in God, He will give us a million dollars and drive a fancy car, and a private jet. If one's delight is truly on God, then naturally the desires of our heart will be God centered. There are just too many things to be thankful for. Thank you Lord God Almighty for all your wonderful acts and your tender loving-kindness. You alone deserve to be worshipped. Maranatha!

• Members

Omega,

Thank you for your testimony. Very happy to hear how God worked in your life and changed it for the better.

7 hours ago, (Omega) said:

God's Love is absolutely all consuming.

7 hours ago, (Omega) said:

Jeremiah 29:11-13, and it read, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

Jeremiah 29:11-13 is a wonderful passage and always a blessing to read and realize the thoughts that God has for every individual.  The love of God, and  the peace of God, are wonderful, adequate, and truly passes understanding. Philippians 4:7, "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." 

• 3 months later...