• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

what body

• Members
3 hours ago, Honestly said:

Please answer if you can.

When the christian die, what form he will have in heaven 'til the 2nd coming of Christ?

In a nutshell,

I Cor 5: To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord is your answer friend. Until the catching away of the church (rapture) believers souls because of their quickened spirits and without their original bodies are present with the Lord.

The form of these believers is spirit while awaiting the below event to occur:

A new glorified body is given by the Lord to believers at the catching away of the Church, beginning of the 7 year tribulation. The dead bodies of those believers who passed prior will go up to be reunited with their souls/spirits already in Heaven and instantly transformed into glorified bodies. Living believers at that time will go up body/soul and spirit to be transformed. (I Thess 4:17 and context).

• Members

Our souls will take on the nature of Abraham and Lazarus in Luke 16:19-21

Our souls in heaven will be able to walk, talk, breathe as our natural bodies. 

As heaven is a place without corruption, their will be no waste products (foulness of moth, corrupting waste from the body, etc..), in our spiritual form, nor will there be physical handicaps.

Our souls will be in perfect peace, safety, and be able to see the spirits; angels, the cherubim, the four beasts, etc...

Our souls will be able to see, and I believe, touch, and walk, with the Lord Jesus. As Abraham and Lazarus, our spiritual form will enjoy the blessings of the presence heaven, and, we will be able to recognize who is there.

Heaven, whether only in the spiritual form or bodily form, will be wonderful and without comprehension in this life. 2 Corinthians 12:1-4

• Members

As I was pondering what the form of those in heaven take, I thought of this verse in Ezekiel.

The prophet Ezekiel saw visions of "heaven' and he, "saw visions of God." Ezekiel 1:2

As Ezekiel was observing the wonderful vision of the throne of God, and all that entails, we read this statement, "And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness on the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it." Ezekiel 1:26 Ezekiel saw the Lord Jesus in His Spirit form on the throne in heaven.  So, we will have the form, the likeness, of a man (by man I mean people in general; feet, a head, eyes, hands, and the general characteristics of a human),

• 2 months later...
  • Members

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 13:41-42)

For the unbelievers . . . I believe that God will give them "teeth" to gnash if they have no teeth in this life, as they depart for the next. Their resurrected bodies fitted for damnation will come with teeth and all. I am not 100% sure about this, but I don't see why not.