• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are We Teaching the Bible Well in Our Churches?

• Members
10 hours ago, Saved41199 said:

@(Omega) did you check out that church? I was thinking of you today and hoping you'd checked out the church and found a new home.

Yes ma'am, but I was a little late because I had trouble with my heater and my son was sick. The Pastor seems about my age, or a little younger. It's amazing how Oakland and Alameda are so close to each other and yet they seem like worlds apart. Here is the church's website: http://www.hbcalameda.org/home.html 

I look forward to going there again next week.

• Members

When a Christian finds themselves without a New Testament Church, it's the christian's duty to move to where God would have him/her serve in one of his local churches.

The churches mentioned in Revelations refer to individual churches at the time, periods of the church age, and kinds of churches all throughout the church age.  The RCC was NEVER a New Testament Church of the kind that Christ built and died for during his earthly ministry.

• Members
On December 8, 2017 at 9:28 AM, (Omega) said:

I live in Oakland, CA, and there are no IFB churches within a 100 mile radius. Although there are churches that use only the King James Bible, some of their doctrines seem off kilter. I can honestly say that this website is the only place where I can not forsake the assembly of believers as scripture states, but a website does not suffice. I use to attend a church which was nearby which was the closest to an IFB church and what an IFB church believes with regards to doctrine, and other fundamental beliefs that the IFB holds to. That church moved to another location too far of a distance for me because I can only drive so far because of my chronic pain in my legs and ankles. And now that it has been taken over by 7th day Adventists. I am absolutely appalled that even some Baptist churches here in Oakland disseminate new age doctrines of devils such as "Mother Gaia", and that homosexuality is taught in the bible. I cannot comprehend how someone behind a pulpit, that has theological degrees from prominent Universities, can come to such a conclusion. 

I am no Pastor, just an old white haired preacher (with memory problems) that have studied the bible for over 40 years, and my main forte is doctrinal issues. This is why I become indignant when false doctrines are being disseminated to the congregations. Jesus said, "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:19). The Word of God clearly states: "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;" and having their ears tickled (1 Tim. 4:1-3,4). These are referred to as "feel good ministries." This is one of the reasons as to why I believe that our dear Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, will return for His bride in this generation as it is laid out in scripture. I've also noticed that bad "bible teachers" also come with a bad attitude. This seemed to be the case in Jesus' day when He dealt with the Pharisees and Sadducees. Every word Jesus spoke was TRUTH, and no guile was found in Him. This was one of the reasons why the religious leaders had so much animosity towards Him. Furthermore, they hated Him because He corrected their false teachings that were handed down through traditions of men (Mk, 7:8,9).

My greatest desire is for a spiritual revival, and an awakening to the truth of scripture, and to worship God in spirit and in truth (Jn.4:24) I pray for this almost every day. My wife cries herself to sleep because of the current state that the churches and the rapid decline of morality. We are living in an age where "Christian" rap songs, and other CCM. The lyrics are bad enough, but even the style of music concerns me. Music alone can sway the listeners to do things they normally wouldn't do had they not listened to it. 

But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him. And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee. Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well. (1 Samuel 16:14-16)

In closing, I believe the Greatest Revival will take place during the Tribulation.

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; (Revelation 7:9)

And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. (Revelation 7:13,14)

Time is too short, and life is running on empty to not engage in some sort of ministry (cf. James 4:14), and I encourage anyone who isn't in a ministry to do just that. 

God Bless,

Daniel

There are actually Baptist churches that teach about Gaia now?! 

What on earth...how can the congregation stomach such blatant paganism without walking out?

Those ministers of darkness will split Hell wide open.

• Members

Unfortunately, Yes! They are more than a dime a dozen in the Bay Area where I live. The congregation can stomach such paganism because they are unregenerate. As the saying goes, "Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile." 

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Timothy 4:1)

• Members
On 12/18/2017 at 6:18 AM, (Omega) said:

Yes ma'am, but I was a little late because I had trouble with my heater and my son was sick. The Pastor seems about my age, or a little younger. It's amazing how Oakland and Alameda are so close to each other and yet they seem like worlds apart. Here is the church's website: http://www.hbcalameda.org/home.html 

I look forward to going there again next week.

I'm so glad! I have been thinking of you and praying for you and your family. I read the website and was pleased to see that the pastor was a Marine. Well, I'm an old, crusty, retired Navy wife, and any person/couple/family that can survive military life is one that is already so strong. If you're ever in Vegas, please come visit us at http://www.extremeliberty.com The amazing blessing of God to find a good bible-believing, new testament church not 5 miles from our home. 

• Members
15 hours ago, Saved41199 said:

Depends on your definition of far....if you take the 515 to the 95 and get off at Lake Mead or Rainbow, it's right there. We live about 3 miles south of the church. 

Sorry I am in the UK and I have a former foster son who lives in Henderson, and I am trying to get him to find a church.  When he was with us he came to church with us and and one time professed faith, he joined the local Male Voice Praise Choir and even sang with them at the Royal Albert hall when he was 12.  But he has gone far away from the Lord, although I send him a message on his birthday  earlier this month and said we were praying for him every day, and he replied that he appreciated that.  

Sorry that I didn't make that clear.  He is planning to come over next year and says he will visit us but he has done that before and then only visited his birth family. although my eldest daughter met him in London.  She also flew out to be with him for three months when his wife had their first child.  

• Members

@Invicta let me look around...these were the churches listed I don't know how up to date this is.  We are members of Liberty Baptist and I can recommend Southern Hills Baptist, Gateway Baptist and Bible Baptist. 

First Baptist Church Henderson Rick Wilder Henderson
Lighthouse Baptist Church Ernie Carrillo Henderson
Lighthouse Baptist Church Ernie Carrillo Henderson
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH Pastor Rick Wilder Henderson
Morning Star Baptist Church Edward Morrison Las Vegas
Morning Star Baptist Church Edward Morrison Las Vegas
Desert Storm Baptist Church Chuck Schlink Las Vegas
Gateway Baptist Church Ron Patterson Las Vegas
International Bible Baptist Church Dr. J. Hernes M. Abante/Rev. Arman Castr Las Vegas
Liberty Baptist Church David Teis Las Vegas
BIBLE BAPTIST CHURCH Pete McKenzie Las Vegas
Southern Hills Baptist Church Pastor Joshua Teis Las Vegas
Gateway Baptist Church Pastor David R. Ellis Las Vegas
True Light Baptist Church Ronald Henderson las vegas

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, Steven Yeadon said:

Someone on another message board said:

"today...people do not read [the bible], do not study [the bible], and would rather be entertained. They cant handle the diligent study that comes from books, so they prefer videos."

How big a problem is this in our churches? Is it a problem at all?

Hi Steven & others posting here,

I do agree that the institutional organisation is more concerned with having numbers and making people feel comfy at the public meetings. Gone are the days of good expositional teaching in most places, however.....as the Lord, the Head of His Body is building and maturing His Body, ( as we all know) then those who are hungry, can find good teachers (from the past) and mentors to teach them. This is how we operate over here in our area in OZ.

Now as to the 7 churches in Revelation, if the Lord only was referring to the 7 in Asia Minor then one would be doing well, another being persecuted and another weak etc and all within a few kilometres of each other. History does not reveal this. They all went into persecution, then grave errors came in, as the Apostle Paul foretold.

`For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.` (Acts. 20: 29 & 30)

Thus what the Lord is showing concerning the 7 churches is the errors that have come in and that He is the one who `holds them in His hands,` He is the capable administrator who can watch over His Church down through the ages and across the world.

regards, Marilyn.

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 11/6/2017 at 2:23 AM, Steven Yeadon said:

Someone on another message board said:

"today...people do not read [the bible], do not study [the bible], and would rather be entertained. They cant handle the diligent study that comes from books, so they prefer videos."

How big a problem is this in our churches? Is it a problem at all?

It is beyond imagination how big a problem it is in most churches if not 'all' practically, and even for posters and members and readers of this site.   There may be many threads and of course many more posts revealing this concerning churches the posters/members have been to,  and worldwide,  and nationwide,  and church wide,  local and afar.