• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer for Jeff

• Members

Please pray for a friend of mine named Jeff. He has killed someone in the past (served his prison time). I don't know if he is saved or not now because only God can judge his inner heart. He prays for people now and seems to care more about them more than before. He is on Dialysis and only has lass than a year to live. This brings me to tears because I want to make absolutely certain that he is a child of God, and I want to see him in heaven. Jesus did not come for the righteous, but sinners to repentance. May the LORD have mercy on his soul and bring Him to Christ as his LORD and Savior.

Edited by (Omega)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I have just revisited him not too long ago and he has grown spiritually. He prays more than those who profess the be Christian, and has love for even his enemies and prays for them. He also told me that he now has peace with God and looks forward to seeing Him face to face. It brings me to tears to see that he doesn't have too long to live, but at the same time I rejoice knowing that I will meet Jeff again one day in the Kingdom of GOD. It irks me that there are those who despise him and say the he should go to hell because of the things he has done in the past. They fail to realize that God did not come for the "righteous", but sinners to repentance. For the prayer warriors, please pray that God will prolong his life, or he will be cured. I still believe in miracles, and those who reject that miracles can't be performed in this day and age doubt the power of God. Although God does not promise to heal a person every time, He can choose to do so if He decides to do so. Please continue to pray for him.

I have personally seen WITH MY OWN EYES, limbs grow, and a man who was born hunchbacked have his entire back straightened perfectly right before my eyes. It was a sight to behold, and it wasn't some sort of illusion. He took off his shirt and you can clearly see the miracle at work. I've seen people come back from the dead, a man born deaf, hear; and others who were terminally ill have their condition reversed. It saddens me that there are so many professing Christians that doubt the power of God because of their lack of faith (2 Tim.3:5). I know that there are some cessationist's on this board who do not believe that miracles can be performed today, because I have seen it in their posts before. I have one caveat, as I believe that God can still perform miracles, sometimes He chooses not too, and if miracles can be performed all the time, none of us would ever die, but such is not the case -- but I still believe in Miracles.

Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? (Jeremiah 32:27)

God Bless,

Daniel

• Members
On 12/11/2017 at 10:54 AM, (Omega) said:

It irks me that there are those who despise him and say the he should go to hell because of the things he has done in the past.

He should and was certainly deserving of such but God is rich in mercy and more gracious than those who despise him!  I'm glad the Lord is in charge of such things and not those people!  Are you not in a position to query him about his salvation?

• Members
5 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

He should and was certainly deserving of such but God is rich in mercy and more gracious than those who despise him!  I'm glad the Lord is in charge of such things and not those people!  Are you not in a position to query him about his salvation?

A tree is known by the fruits that it produces. I've never encountered such a man or woman who has taken a turn for the better. From a murderer to a repentant man who believes that he is deserving of God's wrath, and asking the Lord to grant him forgiveness and mercy; and to put his entire trust on the finished work of Christ on the Cross -- I would say that he is saved. His testimony is a blessing to all those who have heard it. No one is beyond the reach of God's Grace, and it ires me when "Christians" say such things as, "this man or woman can NEVER be saved because of their lifestyle. They need to understand that it is the power of God that saves them, and not their own merits. The bible says not to condemn, but we can judge righteously. Jesus said, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." (John 7:24). If a person professing to be Christian and robs banks and worships Satan, then we can judge righteously that this person is NOT saved, for no man can serve two masters as the Lord Himself said (Matt.6:24). But please continue to pray for Jeff, and that he continues to grow spiritually and lead others to Christ.