• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Closer to the Lord Jesus

• Members

Hello everyone, I would just like to introduce myself to this site or like minded believers, saved by the blood of Jesus Christ eternally. I found it extremely useful for me lately to always remember to stay as close to the Lord as possible in every affair of every day. He provides my strength to overcome every day challenges not only of the world but of myself as well. 

I thank him for always being there for me, strengthening me and providing me his words of truth and my salvation.

He provides my joy and wisdom to share with others and bring them into knowing his love through the gospel and his gift of salvation.

Donald

• Members
16 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Welcome aboard Donald!  Mind telling us how you came to get saved?

Sure, my pleasure, through a life of growing up in a Catholic School, living a life of sin and being of the the world, then searching in other denominations such as SDA, Pentacostal, Evangelical I then began to look up some history on the bible. I was confused as to why there were so many churches and bibles. If God was able to give us his word then there should only be one.

In 2006 I was on the internet and listened to a Pastor Anderson preaching, he just started his church and I was drawn how he preached. First explaining about KJV only being the inherent word of God which made sense to me, then giving the Gospel as it was literally written, Salvation through Christ Jesus through faith only and not of works. It all made sense to me finally after so many years of deception. My wife and myself then knew this was the way in which the Bible began to reveal the truth to us. We confessed that we were sinners, we believed in our heart the God had raised Jesus from the dead just as it is written in Romans 10:9 and 10.

We were then baptized in an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church in Castlegar BC. and that was quite some time ago, since then life has been a challenge but I have always known that Jesus was always with me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Welcome Donald,

My name is Daniel, and they call me (Omega) because when I was growing up, I was almost always the last one to be chosen when we would play sports in elementary and middle school when the team leader would choose his teammates.

And my apologies for the late reply. I just noticed this thread, and I have some words to say regarding your desire to draw nearer to God.

Getting closer to God is my most sought after desire. Professor John Hick stated:

"God was known to them as a dynamic will interacting with their own wills, a sheer given reality, as inescapably to be reckoned with as a destructive storm and life-giving sunshine...To them God was not...an idea adopted by the mind, but an experienced reality which gave significance to their lives."

An amazing quote. I found this to be absolutely true in my life and I could not have said it better. As it is written:

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:21-23)

The Greek word for "manifest" is phaneroo", and it literally means to make apparent, actual, and to be realized.

In my 35 years with walking with God, I have learned that keeping the commandments draws us closer to God. Keeping the commandments out of love for Him is the key. Keeping the commandments  because of some legalistic desire is not the way to draw closer to God. I have prayed to have the desire to hunger and thirst after righteousness and it was answered in my early years, and the manifest presence of God became more apparent in my life as I drew closer to God.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. (Matthew 5:6)

I get excited and filled with the Spirit when I am put in a situation where I can either obey God, or go my own way and sin when the situation arises. It is an amazing feeling. I want to obey God, and it is a wonderful feeling. The desire is like wanting food and water when you're hungry and thirsty. You just have to have it. You want to be obedient to the Lord. I communicate with God daily. Lots and lots of prayer also gets us closer to God. I hear his voice in a way I cannot explain in words, and He guides me with his Spirit. And my love for Him fills my heart to the point where His love (I can literally feel) fills me and I feel like I am going to explode, but in the best way possible.

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. (James 4:8)

God Bless,

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 10/18/2017 at 11:44 AM, Donald Jones said:

Hello everyone, I would just like to introduce myself to this site or like minded believers, saved by the blood of Jesus Christ eternally. I found it extremely useful for me lately to always remember to stay as close to the Lord as possible in every affair of every day. He provides my strength to overcome every day challenges not only of the world but of myself as well. 

I thank him for always being there for me, strengthening me and providing me his words of truth and my salvation.

He provides my joy and wisdom to share with others and bring them into knowing his love through the gospel and his gift of salvation.

Donald

I'm late, but anyways, welcome to Online Baptist.