• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Strawberry cake :)

• Members

I made my birthday cake, this year and it was very well-received! Lol :11_blush: I love baking, I do a lot of it. I thought I'd share the recipe with, everyone. 

Ingredients: 

•2 boxes of white cake mix + whatever add-ins the box says 

•strawberries in syrup 

•strawberry pie filling 

•2 tbsp brown sugar 

•pinch of salt 

•vanilla extract 

•2 blocks of cream cheese 

•1 cup unsalted butter 

•6 cups of powdered sugar 

•thinly sliced strawberries (about 1/2-3/4 cups) 

•red food coloring and gold sprinkles/edible pearls (optional, but makes it super pretty!) :laugh:

Frosting directions: 

• In large bowl, beat softened butter and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth and creamy.
    Stir in 1 tsp vanilla, then stir in powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar as needed until frosting is a thick spreadable consistency. 

Cake directions: 
    •Make 1 1/2 of the cake mixes (I like to use the remaining 1/2 box for mug cakes, so nothing goes to waste) :) 
    •Take 4 8-9" round cake pans and distribute batter evenly into them. 
    •bake and cool 

Strawberry purée directions: 
    •take about 1/4 cup strawberry pie filling and 1/4 cup strawberries in syrup, and mash with potato masher, add in brown sugar, pinch of salt, and about 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Thoroughly mash, together until purée consistency.  (You may not use all of the purée, save left over for mug cakes or something) :laugh:

Assembly: 
    •Put layer of undyed frosting on first layer of cake, then follow by putting layer of thinly sliced strawberries on top of frosting. 
    •Put on next layer of cake, spread layer of strawberry purée on that, then add next cake layer. 
    •on third layer, repeat the first layer (frosting then sliced strawberries) 
    •put on top cake layer
    •Lastly, dye the rest of the frosting with a few drops of red, to get a nice pink color and frost the cake! Add gold sprinkles and edible pearls for a party cake! 
Edited by Roselove
I realized that I put 3 cake layers, instead of 4! Sorry!

• Members
1 hour ago, HappyChristian said:

I love strawberries on cake or in pie. Or plain. Or with whipped topping. Or in cereal. Or, or....hehe

That's kind of like me with, cotton candy. Anytime something comes out that's cotton candy flavor, I get it! I can't think of any dessert that wouldn't be complimentary with it! :4_joy: My family thinks I'm crazy

• 2 weeks later...