• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Words Spoken by a Man in Hell for over 2000 years!!!

• Members

Words Spoken by a Man in Hell for over 2000 years!!! And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.'

25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.

26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'

27 Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house,

28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'

29 Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'

30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'

31 But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' " Luke 16:24-31

• 1 month later...
  • Members

If you notice, the rich man in hell NEVER had any remorse or felt repentant while he was in hell. As a matter of fact, he still had the audacity to ask if Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool his tongue, even in HELL. NO remorse for his wicked deeds while on earth. NONE whatsoever! This shows that those in hell cannot repent, their heart is hardened, which is why they remain there for all of eternity. Another reason why he cannot repent is because God's presence is AWAY from him.

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (2 Thessalonians 1:9)

Why is this so important? Because the Holy Spirit is God Himself. And only the Holy Spirit brings conviction. Since the rich man is banished away or from the presence of the Lord, there is no longer any conviction that can come to the rich man; therefore he remains there forever.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: (John 16:7,8)

I just wanted to add that many people have a problem with eternal punishment, but have no problem with eternal life. No one deserves eternal life, and yet God offers it for FREE. People are OK with that, as if they deserve it. But when it comes to eternal punishment, they have a problem.

This is why there is no time to waste. If you know someone who is not saved. Today is the time to witness to them.

While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. (Hebrews 3:15)

God Bless,
Daniel
Edited by (Omega)
Hell and Heaven