• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Leaf (descriptive/narrative essay)

Guest zrynx

Guest zrynx

There are so many things that even a thousand piece of paper and a dozen gallons of ink will not be sufficient to write the manifold grace which God bestowed upon my life. This descriptive type of essay is just but a little one piece of my diary which was written somewhere beyond the sky.

I eat, and drink; I merry, and cry. I run and stumble; I fail but still I try. A Person like me is not hard to find. It is not because I?m tall in stature but as one in a million guys that is what we so called ?skinny bones?, just kidding. I am a slim guy but not totally thin. Talking about my outward appearance: I am not handsome and comely to look upon but I was so thankful to God that he gave me complete body organs. I have big brown eyes that still can behold the beauty of nature and see the evil and good things that are happen under the sun. Also, I have one head that still brain inside that can think normally. A one mouth that can speak a word and still can sing praises to my living God. I can still handle and touch with my two hands and can walk and run with my two feet. My two ears can still hear the whisper of the cold wind blowing the green leaves of trees. I still can smell the freshness of the sea breeze and the sweet odor of red blooming roses in the garden. My belly also can still digest whatsoever food that I?m going to eat. My heart is still beating and still can be hurt and felt love oftentimes.

Looking back yesteryears, I?d never wished and wanted to write any kind of compositions because I don?t like writing and it is not my hobby. But since I started to read Bible daily, my mind expands little by little in this world of literature specially English. I observed that it seems like that the pen enticed me to handle her and dip the point to a piece of paper. I am better today than yesterday because the words yesterday seems like it improves today. This is not my specialty but I just want to develop this little talent, which God gave. Not lifting up myself but I am heavenly boasting that I am a blessed person; not because I can write this or that but because I?ve seen the way of salvation that is in Jesus Christ my Lord that others didn?t see nor understand. I speak also as fool that I saw things that are unseen of highly educated people than me. It is only by the grace of God who opened the eyes of my blind heart to see eternal things.

Since I got saved, not only my mentality has developing but also my emotion; not worse but better good. It was January 28, 2005 when I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal Saviour. After that, there?s unspeakable joy came into my heart and also I felt that seems like my heavy burdens lighten. Until such time that I wanted to paint my feelings that the word itself cannot clearly describe. And that?s it! So I started to paint something on a canvas. Moment by moment, I discovered that, ?art can speak clearer than vivid words?, so I tried to express my feelings by painting pictures on mind using abstract words. And so I started to compose songs, writing poems, essays, and writing any kind of composition. A friend says, ?Don?t rely on your emotions?, yes! Because, if emotion controls us, that?s the time that we can make wrong decisions. Our enemy used it for us to commit sin. But in the other side of the coin, I made my emotions to rely on me; it is because in the time when I felt this or that, I can write mere abstract words. I regard to my emotion sometimes specially when I am painting on a canvas or writing any kind of composition because, ?Emotion is a mere artist?.

Spiritually speaking, I am now what I am by God?s grace and mercy. I feed my soul with spiritual foods and do a regular stretching to make my soul healthy .By reading my Bible 2 times a day; morning and evening, I can be a better Christian. I am spiritual soldier who fought against my 3 enemies daily: world, Satan and myself. But I am not alone in this war. Was with me a Master who is always with, even unto the end of the world. He is a Jew. My Master gave me eternal life so that death hath no more dominion over me (I am talking about spiritual death). He released me from the bondage of sin. As spiritual soldier, He also gave me two edged sword, which is the Bible, helmet, which is salvation, shield which is faith and strength which is prayer. All of these things are given to me so that I can overcome my enemies and to win the victory that I could never win in my own strength. Nevertheless, Jesus Christ my Lord won already the victory at the cross of Calvary! TO GOD BE THE GLORY! AMEN.

• 2 weeks later...