• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor Charles Lawson

• Members

Pastor Charles Lawson teaches the "Ruin-Reconstruction" Gap theory.  That is a "theory that there is a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2.  This means that there was a pre-adamic race before the re-creation of the earth and death before the fall of Adam.  This contradicts Romans 5:12.

Edited by LindaR

• Administrators

This is why I constantly warn against exposing ourselves to preaching and teaching that comes from outside of our local assembly. God placed us in our local churches to edify our church and be edified by our church. In this respect there is no need to go elsewhere for our spiritual food. There is no need to expose ourselves to error, or even possible error.

Error always starts with a man, or men that have fallen into error and created a following for themselves. I know that someone will say, "well, how do we know if this or that man is in error unless we listen to him"? My reply would go like this; why would anyone feel the need to expose themselves to even the possibility of false teaching if they are being spiritually fed by their local church? It's like a child playing with fire, he only realizes the fact that it is hot and dangerous when he gets burned by it. Just remember that Satan used scripture when he temped Jesus. He twisted scripture but he used it just the same.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.  We have been warned, why expose ourselves to danger when we only have to heed the warning.

Acts 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. We have enough to do to keep our own congregations from falling into error.

I know I seem to harp on this subject a lot, but that is because I am convinced that it is critically important. It is the main reason that error creeps into our churches and/or subverts our members. Even the first church at Jerusalem had men that were in error and went out from that church to spread their error to others.

Acts 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: 

Edited by Jim_Alaska
formatting