• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Repairs

heartstrings

• Members

Last weekend, the controller on our well pump went out. The capacitor had melted down. I went to town, bought another, and installed it: quick fix.

But yesterday morning, the points (contacts) on the pump's pressure switch burned out on one side so there were no baths until I got home from work with a new unit.

I changed it out after dark with my sweetie holding the flashlight. The parts on a farm's well do take a beating. Surprised this one lasted as long as it did. 

Untitled-1.jpg

• Members

Our pump/well is about 31 years old and I think this is the third pressure switch at least.. Ours has been used to water our horses, cattle, sheep and garden over the years, plus the crazy thing gets waterlogged too often and I have to drain the tank. When it's waterlogged, the switch is tripping constantly. We have another well now, too, which is strictly used for the sheep pastures but, this one still gets used alot.