• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A request for rain

• Administrators
6 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Yep, it was.  My 36th hurricane.  God is gracious and merciful.  

Do you know how the Gulf Coast is doing? Was it as bad or worse than the east coast? I have family that lives in Fort Meyers, but hve not heard from them.

• Members

Well, ironically my county got the most rain but Fort Myers was closer to the eye and got more wind.  I believe their cell towers are down as a fella on another forum has yet to hear from his uncle.  They are without power in most parts too.  This is why we still maintain a landline phone in our home.  

• Administrators

I have a friend who was in the path of the eye. She also said the wind was worse than the water, for her. Although the water table has risen to the point where their septic is not usable, so they have no commode or shower usage. BUT! Power has been restored to her home, which is wonderful. 

Now, @swathdiver,  are we to assume that your 36th hurricane means it's your birthday? 

• Administrators
On 9/12/2017 at 8:01 PM, swathdiver said:

We were in the path of the eye too, but the storm kept moving!  No, that's 36 hurricanes that have passed over my head over the years.  The number is 58 if tropical depressions and tropical storms are included.

Ok...I didn't want to miss wishing you happy birthday if it were so!

Maybe happy 36th hurricane/58th tropical messes instead?