• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Man and His Labor

• Members

“Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.” (Psalm 104:23)

The 104th Psalm is a beautiful psalm of creation and the Flood, supplemented by God’s providential care of His creatures in the post-Flood world. Our text makes man’s activity seem almost incidental in the grand scope of God’s activities on behalf of His whole c... More...BPrR7t6iL2M

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Good devotion on Psalm 104:23.

Dr. Morris observed, "Thus, labor is necessary, even for those who don’t know the Lord. But it is far better if we work not just to earn a living but to please the Lord. “Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men” (Colossians 3:23)."

• Members
21 hours ago, Alan said:

Good devotion on Psalm 104:23.

Dr. Morris observed, "Thus, labor is necessary, even for those who don’t know the Lord. But it is far better if we work not just to earn a living but to please the Lord. “Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men” (Colossians 3:23)."

I can't remember the exact quote, but Martin Luther said something like "What you do on earth is as if you did it for God in heaven.   It may seem a small thing when a maid carries out her chores but it is a far greater thing than all the works of monks and nuns for there is no commandment from God."

I was once with a friend in our firm's staff canteen, when he said that lady over cleaning the tables over there, I think she is a Christian , I think she is doing that for the Lord.I saw a black lady looking very cheerful as she wiped the tables.  He went and chatted to her and said she was a Christian.