• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Advice on BJU HomeSat

• Members

We were asking around at church about BJU HoneSat, and it turns out several famlies had used it and no longer needed the equipment. We now have the dish and receiver. This week I'm going to try to see if I can get it mounted (we live in a mobile home, so I'm not sure the best way to do that). The instructions seem simple enough, but I'm still wondering what we'd pick up without actually having registered with them yet. Will the set-up get a signal, or do we have to wait until we get enrolled first?

• Members

STOP right there...Don't do it!!! BJU is discontinuing their HomeSat program! Get your money back!

I am not a BJU HomeSat user (I don't even use any of their curriculum), but I've heard this information from various users I know.

No wonder people didn't need their equipment any longer. I hope you didn't pay for it.

• Members

BJU is stopping satellite service after May, 2009 but you can record as much as you want throughout the coming year in preparation for future years. How do I know this? :smile I ordered the equipment 3 days before the announcement came out. Ouch-a-rama! However, it is still less expensive that their DVD or Hard drive program so I'm going for it anyway. I intend to record as much as I can and who knows, maybe they will come out with another economical teacher-led option in a couple of years.

Regarding your question, I don't know. :frog It seems to me that they will work but you should register with them anyway. It is pretty cheap for used equipment. You can't get technical support if you aren't registered. Tech support is nice to have because that equipment is very sensitive. We found that the regional azimuth and elevation didn't work for us so we had to call tech support for local numbers. Also, we live in a brick rancher and dh still mounted the dish separate from the house. If you want to see what he did, just let me know and I'll send a pic.