• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Does Anybody Have Any Music Videos That You Care To Share?

• Members

I thought about putting this under the Music forum, but it isn't really a Biblical issue (at least I hope not!!!) so I put it in the Lounge. Just think of it as chamber music.

Here's my contribution. (PS, this was impromptu so please excuse my uncombed hair.)

• Members

Cool guitar work. I love it.

(But you could smile - it doesn't look like you enjoyed it, but I am sure you did. :15_1_63:)

Anyway - it made me smile. :laugh:

I am very limited in what I can do, and it ain't anywhere near that! (Where's the two thumbs up emoji when you need it?)

• Members
9 hours ago, DaveW said:

(But you could smile - it doesn't look like you enjoyed it, but I am sure you did. :15_1_63:)

There's actually a physiological reason why most musicians don't smile while they play. Playing music engages practically every area of the brain at once, and so it has to do with the concentration necessary to perform the music.

In other words, it's a lot of brain work.

10 hours ago, DaveW said:

I am very limited in what I can do, and it ain't anywhere near that! (Where's the two thumbs up emoji when you need it?)

Don't let that stop you from posting a video! I started out very limited so believe me, I can appreciate anything you put up there.

9 hours ago, OLD fashioned preacher said:

He was smiling.

Wait, that's the line he uses when I look like that.

The difference is, I look like that when I'm playing guitar; you look like that...well, all the time.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, DaveW said:

I am very limited in what I can do, and it ain't anywhere near that!

1 hour ago, Musician4God1611 said:

Don't let that stop you from posting a video! I started out very limited so believe me, I can appreciate anything you put up there.

Yep, everyone starts the same place ----- "so, where do I place my fingers?"  and "How come (that's 'Why is it' for you non-Southerners) when I do that, it doesn't sound like music?"

• Members

I might see ifn I can find me sumpin....

I have a 12 and have been playing for about 30 years, but never put in the effort to get as good as you.

I play enough to sing a few hymns to and to do the odd special, but it is basically musical, but not fancy.

If I can find something, it will most likely have my voice over it, and if it is good it will be my daughters singing. 

Coupla days though - not today, probably not tomorrow......

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Musician4God1611 said:

Ok OFP, your turn to post a video.

We're waiting................:think_smiley_11:

(PS to those who may not know, OFP is the one who got me started on the guitar)

You're late to the party. I've posted 2 or 3 in the past.

• Members

Here is an audio file of me doing a song I found. The Guitar is a Fenix 12, basic fingerpicking, two voices.

Assuming the attachment thingy works.... :laugh:

God's been good_harmony.mp3

Folks, a quick warning - link downloads on my phone instead of playing. I don't know what it does on pc, but you most likely don't want my droning permanently on your device......

Edited by DaveW
Added warning.

• Members

Dave,

I clinked on the attachment and it came up on my Linux Decibel Audio Player and played very nice. I enjoyed the song, 'God is Good.' I was also able to savve it with no problems.

Dave & Muscician4God1611,

If either or you, or some of the other brethren, have any more songs I think all of us would enjoy listening to them.

Alan