• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Moderators
On 7/4/2018 at 8:27 PM, Brother D said:

I'm not impressed by people who dismiss immoral behavior as "before"  they were saved.  They didn't cease fornicating because they later accepted Christ.  The best anyone can tell, they just settled down. 

Hmmm:

1Co 6:9-11  Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,  Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.  And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. (emphasis mine)

2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Rom 5:20 - 6:2  Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.  What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? (emphasis mine)

Sooooo, Are they faking it? Did they just "settle down"? Does that not happen anymore, in this time, in this country? Is God naive? Did God not have anything to do with these passages, it was all Paul?

• Members
On 7/5/2018 at 6:36 PM, Brother D said:

Did your parents identify as Christian?  Did you, growing up, identify as Christian?  

The Holy Spirit restrains sin in a society.  The more christians, the higher the morality of the people in that society generally speaking.

Now as to the quote above, yes, my parents and grand-parents identified as Christian, they even went to Mass every Easter and Christmas.  What does that reveal?